Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with this fun, festive, and healthy treat! Kids will love helping out. Yummy, light fruit dip with some “gold” at the end of the rainbow.
We’ve never done much to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day besides the pinch-somebody-if-they-aren’t-wearing-green and searching for hours to find a 4 leaf clover. One year I tried making a green dinner but I seriously could not think of anything to make. Broccoli, cucumber, and green punch is about all I could think of. So, that did not go well. I think a rainbow dinner would be fun to do with my kids. I mean, what kid doesn’t like rainbows?!
strawberries, raspberries, watermelon, red delicious apple
mandarin oranges, cantaloupe, mango, oranges, peaches, apricots
kiwi, green grapes, granny smith apples, honeydew melon
purple/red grapes, blackberries, plums
I am sure I’m missing some fruits. Can you think of others?
Basically, just pick your favorites and make them into the shape and order of the rainbow!
The CLOUD is a simple fruit dip of cool whip + yogurt. It’s my favorite fruit dip because it’s so light and there are endless possibilities with all the yogurt flavors there are. Make sure that you use a light colored yogurt so that it is still light for the cloud. I wouldn’t use a berry yogurt as that would darken the cool whip too much.
The POT OF GOLD are just Rolo candies. The ones that you get at the check out stand at the grocery store are not wrapped in gold (I thought they were…. Didn’t they used to be?) so I cut them in half because the caramel center looks like “gold”. If you want the gold foil wrapped Rolo candies buy the larger bag because they come individually wrapped.
- 1 lb strawberries, sliced
- 1 can (15 oz) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 pineapple, sliced (or use 20 oz can pineapple chunks)
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 small bunch purple/red grapes
- 1 tub (8 oz) cool whip, thawed
- 1 container (6 oz) yogurt, any flavor
- Rolo candies
- Arrange fruit in the rainbow colors and shape.
- Mix together the cool whip and yogurt to make the fruit dip. Place a pile of it at one end of the rainbow.
- Arrange the Rolo candies at the other end of the rainbow.
- Could also just do clouds at both ends of the rainbow.
- Use any fruit you want for the colors.
Thanks so much for stopping by and I’ll see you again soon!
Do you want more St. Patrick’s Day fun? Try these!