This pumpkin cheesecake pie has it all. A layer of tender, flaky pie crust, cheesecake layer, and then pumpkin pie all topped with a pecan streusel crumble on top! Serve with some whipped cream and you have fall dessert perfection in one bite. This would make a show stopper dessert at Thanksgiving too!
I have a confession. I actually made this pumpkin cheesecake pie last year for Thanksgiving. But, I figured it was too late to share it so I held onto the pictures for an entire year! That's how much I love this pie and wanted to share it with you all.
This is a showstopper of a dessert. Flaky pie crust, sweet cream cheesecake layer, pumpkin pie layer and then topped with a pecan streusel on top. Could it really get better than that? I don't think so.
This pie does require a bit extra work for all the layers so my advice to make it easy is to use a store-bought crust. Of course making your own would be amazing, but I have found that I actually don't mind the store-bought crusts so that is usually what I use. And, I have yet to find a good homemade pie crust recipe that I love. So if you have one send it to me please!! 🙂
Plan ahead! The cheesecake layer needs to refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 1 single pie crust
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare pie crust either by thawing it or rolling it into a pie plate.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, vanilla and beaten egg and beat until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Spread the mixture into the bottom of the pie crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Beat until smooth, then very carefully pour the mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Place the pie on a cookie sheet (to avoid spilling and it's easier to handle) and bake for 25 minutes. Cover the edges of the pie with foil, then bake an additional 25 minutes. Make sure that a toothpick inserted comes out clean or with moist crumbs. It should not be wet.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and butter. Cut in the butter until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Stir in the pecans. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the top of the pie. Return to the oven and bake another 10-15 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean.
- Cool the pie for 1 to 2 hours, then transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely.
- Serve with whipped cream & chopped pecans, if wanted.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to Pinterest ♥ ♥
recipe found here