These easy cornbread muffins start with a mix and only a few other ingredients. The pumpkin makes these muffins so tender and delicious. You will love the subtle pumpkin cornbread flavor. Perfect side to a warm bowl of chili.
If my life depended on choosing ONE favorite food (please, oh please, I hope that never happens to me 🙂 too hard to choose) I would say cornbread. Boring, maybe? But you guys, I love cornbread!
Confession: when I was pregnant with our second baby (a girl) I would make myself a batch of my favorite cornbread muffins because I would crave it so bad. I remember several days when I would just eat cornbread muffins for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Back then my husband had a 2 hour commute so I had lots and lots of time on my hands and I was able to get away with only serving cornbread muffins for a meal because it was just me eating dinner.
Soft, tender, delicate warm cornbread muffins slathered in butter —> in my food loving world, that is way better than chocolate or any decadent & over-the-top dessert you could ever think of.
So it’s no wonder that I loved these cornbread with a pumpkin twist. I was not sold on the idea of using a cornbread baking mix, but I thought I would at least try it out because I know it’s always nice to have a really simple & fast recipe at your disposal, and the fact that these are crazy good is the just the cherry on top.
Use any cornbread baking mix you want as long as it is a 15 oz package. I used the Fleischmann’s Simply Homemade Cornbread Mix. You can find it by the cake mixes, muffin mixes, etc.
- 1 package (15 oz) Cornbread Baking Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 2/3 cup milk, 2% or higher is best
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the cornbread baking mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and whisk together.
- Add in canned pumpkin, milk, softened butter, and the egg. Whisk together gently just until combined.
- Using a large ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop batter and divide evenly into the muffin cups. They will about 2/3-3/4 full.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes.
Make it a meal! Try these pumpkin spice cornbread muffins with:
White Bean Turkey Chili (aka- my most favorite chili ever!)
Enjoy, friends and have a wonderful day 🙂 Thanks for visiting!
recipe found here