Tender, flavorful, slow cooked beef is simmered all day in a delicious homemade sauce of beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and fragrant garlic. Bright green broccoli add some veggies to this dinner. Serve over some cooked rice and dinner is ready! Trust me, this slow cooker beef & broccoli will be better than take-out.
I first wanted to say I'm so sorry for being so terribly bad at this blog thing for that last little while. I promise I have a very good reason, which maybe I'll mention soon 🙂
Right when school was out we packed up our van and drove across the country (Yes, literally across it. We are nuts!) from Maryland to Utah to visit family. My kids watched more movies in those few days than I think they've watched in their entire lifetimes. My son, who his sister calls "the tv addicted" even told me that he was tired of watching movies.
Oh, and to really throw a curve ball in my blogging plans while I'm away, I forgot all of my blogging props! Like the cloth napkins, the white board to bounce light, and most importantly the dishes I use. But, on the upside it just means that I have been able to go shopping here (Utah seriously has the best shopping ever!) and buy some new stuff.
Which means that I'm ready to blog again. Which is a great thing because you guys need to make this slow cooker beef & broccoli. It only takes minutes to mix up the sauce, cut the meat into thin strips and then you let the slow cooker do all the work.
The beef comes out so tender and the sauce is sweet & salty with the crunch of the broccoli. Serve over some cooked rice and dinner is ready!
Hope you enjoy your day! Thanks for visiting 🙂
If you would rather use fresh broccoli; place 2-3 cups of broccoli florets and put into a microwaveable bowl with about an inch of water on the bottom. Microwave for 5 minutes or until semi-soft and tender. Place into the slow cooker and let cook for about 10-15 minutes just so the flavors can combine.
- 2 lbs sirloin steak or boneless beef chuck roast, sliced thin
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 4 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen broccoli florets
- cooked white rice
- Inside the slow cooker, whisk together the beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and minced garlic cloves. Place the thin sliced beef into the mixture and stir around so the beef is coated.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-7 hours.
- When done, whisk together cornstarch and water in small bowl. Pour into crock pot and stir to mix well.
- Add the frozen broccoli over the beef and sauce. Gently stir to combine. Cover with lid and cook 30 minutes to cook broccoli and thicken sauce.
- Serve over warm white rice.
recipe found here (another one of my favorite blogs to follow)
'PIN' this image to Pinterest ♥ ♥ ♥
Try out these these other family-favorite slow cooker dinners