This creamy beef nacho soup will become a family favorite! Tender beef in a flavorful nacho cheese broth. Only a few ingredients, a few minutes of prep, a slow cooker and you’re done. Garnish with shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips!
I have always felt bad for soup because it seems that people only like it in the fall and cold winter months. Me on the other hand, I could eat soup every night and be perfectly happy. There are so many different soup, stews, chili, and chowders. I have a list of ‘stuff to make’ that I keep in my kitchen. I am not even kidding when I say that over half that list is all soups of some sort.
This slow cooker beefy nacho soup is one that I have made again and again since first tryinbg it. As I have said before, I cook a lot. So you know if it is something that even I make over and over again, then it’s gotta be good!
I promise. This is good. I love it because you can customize it to your heat/spicy level. You can use the can of nacho cheese condensed soup instead of the cheddar cheese. You can use a can of diced tomatoes w/ green chilis instead of regular diced. I use a can of regular diced tomato or lately I have been using a can of ‘chili style’ diced tomato —> the chili style diced tomatoes were really good.
Please don’t forget the shredded cheese and crushed up tortilla chips for on top. I will be totally honest and say that I don’t like this soup plain. I mean, I’ll eat it cause it’s yummy, but I much prefer it with the toppings.
Enjoy friends! As always, thank you so much for stopping by.
This creamy beef nacho soup will become a family favorite! Tender beef in a flavorful nacho cheese broth. Only a few ingredients, a few minutes of prep, a slow cooker and you're done. Garnish with shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained (any variety)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- crushed tortilla chips and shredded cheese for garnish
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Dump into the slow cooker.
- Add the taco seasoning. condensed cheddar soup, diced tomatoes, and milk. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Stir in shredded cheese and allow to melt.
- Serve with crushed tortilla chips and additional cheddar cheese.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST