This slow cooker Italian Chicken Alfredo is so creamy and flavorful! An easy homemade creamed soup combined with Italian seasonings cooks with chicken all day in the slow cooker. Super tender, creamy chicken alfredo is so delicious served over pasta.
I am so excited to share this delicious dinner with you all today! I am so in love with easy dinner recipes that turn out so delicious. This is also a kid favorite because you can serve it over pasta. I think you could put anything over pasta and kids would eat it with no complaints.
I have this Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken which is kind of the same thing. Chicken in a seasoned creamy sauce that cooks in the slow cooker. It uses a can of cream of chicken soup, which I will say I am not opposed to using once in a while. It’s super easy! This recipe today uses a homemade creamed soup that is seasoned with Italian spices and then gets poured over the chicken in the slow cooker. It. Is. So. Good! Totally worth the extra 10 minutes it takes to make it on the stove top.
Don’t let the homemade creamed soup scare you. Just combine everything into a saucepan and then let cook over medium heat, while whisking, until it’s thickened! Really easy and the flavor is fabulous.
I did not care for the fresh basil as garnish. You could easily be fine without it. I only added it for the pictures.
I used 2% milk. Keep in mind that if you use fat-free or 1% then your cream sauce may be a bit thinner.
** If you want a completely lump free cream sauce. Combine all the ingredients into a blender and blend, before adding it to the saucepan to cook and thicken** (I do this cause I find everything mixes together better when it's blended up. Otherwise you will have a lumpy sauce if you don't blend first)
You could also serve this over rice, egg noodles, or even mashed potatoes.
I like to use slow cooker plastic liners when I make anything with cream cheese or milk in the crock pot. It prevents the dairy from sticking to the sides of the crock pot and making those browned burnt bits in the sauce.
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 chicken breasts)
- 1 box (16 oz) pasta, like penne or rigatoni
- Fresh basil for garnish, optional
- In a medium saucepan, combine together the broth, milk, flour, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, onion powder, parsley, garlic powder, poultry seasoning and paprika. Bring the mixture to a simmer/low boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Cook until large bubbles pop at the surface and the mixture has thickened.
- Take off the heat and add the cream cheese; let it sit for a minute or two before stirring until the cream cheese is melted and can be easily mixed into sauce.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and pour the cream cheese sauce over it. Let cook on low for 5-7 hours. The chicken should just fall apart and be easy to shred with two forks.
- Shred chicken and mix back into the cream sauce. Let warm in the slow cooker while you make the pasta, according to box instructions. Serve over pasta.