Soft baked cookies have vanilla pudding mix in the dough and 3 kinds of chocolate chips! These triple chip pudding cookies are so incredibly soft, full of 3 kinds of chocolate, and they make the perfect ice cream cookie sandwiches.
The past few days I have been cleaning out my kitchen cupboards & pantry. I hate to admit it but I don’t think I’ve actually done that since we moved into this house about 5 years ago….. no judging. I blame it on my kids. They take up all of my time 🙂 By the time I was done with all the cleaning and organizing I was able to cross off most of my grocery list. It’s amazing how much stuff I had hiding in my kitchen. My little girl was teasing me all weekend telling me that “mom went grocery shopping in the kitchen”. She thought it was pretty hilarious!
I also managed to find several bags of opened, half full chocolate chip bags. Which got me thinking that I needed to do something with all these opened bags. I recently posted these white chocolate macadamia nut pudding cookies (which are amazing by the way) and I knew that I needed a triple chip version of the ever so popular pudding cookies.
These cookies have instant pudding mix right in the dough! It’s amazing what it does for these cookies. They stay soft for days and make for the most perfect ice cream cookie sandwiches. Try putting some ice cream between two of these triple chip pudding cookies! It’s to die for!
These are not puffy, thick cookies but rather thinner ones like what you would find in a bakery. They are not crispy at all. Thin and crispy cookies are banned from my house 🙂 They’re super soft and have a buttery vanilla taste to them.
Be sure and roll the dough into a ball. This helps the dough from not spreading out too thin while baking. It allows for there to be some thickness in the middle of the cookie. If you want a pretty presentation then gently press a few chocolate chips onto the tops of the dough balls before baking.
There you have it. Deliciously soft baked, buttery cookies filled with 3 kinds of chocolate! Enjoy friends!
Soft Baked Triple Chip Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened 2 sticks
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3.4 oz package vanilla instant pudding mix DO NOT prepare
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper or spraying with cooking spray.
- In your mixer cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar until light in color and fluffy. About 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract, mix together.
- In a separate bowl add together flour, baking soda, salt, and vanilla pudding mix (the dry mix, DO NOT prepare). Mix with a whisk to break up clumps.
- Add the bowl of dry ingredients to the wet. Blend together just until the flour is combined into the dough.
- Add the chocolate chips and combine.
- Scoop out cookie dough, about 2-3 tablespoons, and roll into balls. Place 12 dough balls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden on edges and puffy looking. Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST