This light, hearty soup is loaded with healthy ground turkey, kidney beans, corn, salsa and comes together in minutes. Perfect busy night family dinner!
I always love finding new soup recipes that are so simple & delicious! Like this one. Only a few ingredients that come together in minutes, some simmer time on the stove and you’ve got a warm and hearty dinner.
I prefer to let this soup simmer for at least 30 minutes, but you could probably get away with 15 minutes if you needed to. I also like to use some of my homemade salsa in this recipe. The flavor is yummy and we prefer it over the jarred salsa. Just make sure that whatever salsa you do use, it’s one that you love because the flavor does come through in this soup.
I only add about 2/3 of the can of green chilies. Add whatever amount you prefer.
I also like to blend the green chilies up with a can of chicken broth. We don't like the big chunks of chili in our soups. Do that if you prefer.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.25 lbs ground turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 can (16 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
- In a large pot, add the oil, ground turkey, salt and pepper and cook over medium high heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Return to pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes (or longer) to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado chunks, and crushed tortilla chips or strips
This southwest turkey soup is even better with some crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream. Those are a must. In my opinion 🙂
Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you try this and love it as much as we did. You guys are the best! Have a fabulous weekend!