Crispy, baked flour tortilla shell loaded with seasoned beef & all your favorite taco toppings. This meal can be on the table in 30 minutes! Fun family dinner because everyone can customize their own salad.
I hope you’re not sick of the Mexican-ish food type recipes yet! I have declared this weekend “fiesta weekend” here on Together as Family 🙂 Check out these other ‘fiesta weekend’ posts; cowboy salsa & baked double decker tacos. I don’t necessarily celebrate Cinco de Mayo, but I certainly appreciate any day that allows you to stuff your face with Mexican food!
These taco salad bowls can be on the table in less than 30 minutes! Gotta love dinners like that. The flour tortillas are pressed into the back of the muffin tin, and it forms the cutest little bowl ever. Cook up some taco seasoned beef and chop up your toppings and you are good to go. Below is the picture of how to make the tortilla bowl. I hope it helps to have a visual. You can only fit 3 tortillas, so you may need to do a couple batches or use two muffins tins (I used two at a time, and put them in the oven together).
Just an fyi, my favorite way to eat these is with no meat. I am not a vegetarian, but I am also not the biggest fan of meat. So, my favorite way was to put some shredded cheese inside the tortilla bowl as soon as it came out of the oven, and then I piled mine with shredded lettuce, avocado, and chopped tomatoes. It was so dang good!
Serves 8-10 taco salad bowls
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning, or 3 tablespoons homemade
- 1/2 cup water (or whatever is called for on the seasoning packet)
- 1 can (15.5) oz pinto beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 10 small size flour tortillas
- taco toppings- shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, olives, chopped avocado, sour cream, etc
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook ground beef. Drain any grease. Return to pan and add the taco seasoning along with the water called for on packet. Add the can of drained and rinsed beans if desired. Let simmer on low while you chop your toppings and bake the tortillas.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute so that they are soft and are easier to shape. Flip your muffin tin upside down and place 3 tortillas in between the tins. Press and shape the tortilla inside the form. Spray lightly with cooking spray and bake in the oven for 8-12 minutes.
- Immediately serve and fill with your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy!
** I leave out the beans, just because my son refuses (and I mean refuses) to eat beans. But, they would be delicious in this if you want the meat to go further.
Be sure and come back tomorrow because I have one more salsa recipe to share. And trust me, it’s AMAZING! I ate so much of it that I just considered it breakfast and lunch- oops! 🙂