This easy Texas Taco Chili is loaded with flavor and comes together in 30 minutes. This will become a family favorite because it’s so fun to load up with your toppings and then dip Fritos in it. Chips for dinner!
I had never heard of the term ‘Texas Taco’ until I made these Texas Tacos —-> which are fabulous by the way 🙂 Apparently it’s a tex-mex combination of meat, rice, beans, corn, and tomato.
This texas taco chili is thick, flavorful, and hits the spot on a cold, wintry, or rainy (in our case!) day. If you make this, promise one thing….. that you will have all the toppings & the Fritos to dip. Those two things take this chili to the next level of deliciousness and fun. I always use: avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, and Fritos scoops. Or, you can even make Texas Taco Chili Bowl. Place some Fritos in the bottom of the bowl, put a scoop of the chili on top and then put our toppings on. It would also be yummy, for the full ‘Texas Taco’ experience, to cook up some cilantro lime rice or Mexican rice and place that on top of the chips, then some of this chili, and then your toppings. I think I will try that when I make this next.
Yum! Yum! This stuff was good! And, it was on the table in 30 minutes. Boom!
We had been apple picking earlier in the day and did not get home until 4:30 pm. Most of the time I would give-up trying to get dinner on the table in a timely matter, but I was so looking forward to making this chili that I decided to go for it. Even with simmering time, I had it on the table and ready by 5:30.
Thanks for stopping by and visiting. I hope you all enjoy this one like we do. Easy, simple, quick, and easy on the grocery budget. It’s a winner!
You can use chili beans (pinto beans in a chili sauce; choose mild, medium, hot) or ranch style beans (pinto beans in a seasoned tomato sauce). I could not find the ranch style beans, and I actually preferred using the chili beans.
I always use 1 can of pinto chili beans + 1 can of white chili beans. You can use any type of bean combination, or 2 of the same, but make sure they are the chili beans.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cans (15 oz) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans 14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn
- Fritos, shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado chunks for garnish
- In large pot, cook ground beef with the diced onion until no longer pink. Drain. Add in taco seasoning and mix together.
- Add in the cans of chili beans, diced tomato, and frozen corn. Stir together. Bring to a low boil, turn heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes (or longer). Stirring every 5 minutes.
- Serve with Fritos, cheese, sour cream, avocado chunks!