This tomato beef country casserole is packed with all your favorite comfort foods. Tomato, mushrooms, creamy sauce, beef, and tender egg noodles. Comes together quickly, with inexpensive ingredients, but is so delicious and comforting! This is a family favorite ground beef casserole that everyone loves.
Post updated June 2018
Dinnertime at our house has been a struggle lately. I write a grocery list every single week and for some reason I forgot to put at least half of that list into my grocery cart.
Two of the meals I had planned I didn’t even make because I did not have the ingredients (hello pizza delivery!) for and then the meal that I actually had the ingredients for I ended up boiling it to death…… and ruining my pot in the process. All while I was literally passed out asleep on the couch. This waking up at 6 am to get my oldest off to school is turning out to be too much for me. I’ll get used to it……. hopefully.
Needless to say this ground beef country casserole came at a very much needed time. Finally a homemade dinner that worked, and that everyone loved! It reminded me of my most popular recipe on the blog, which is this CREAMY BEEF NOODLE BAKE. You guys must love easy and delicious casseroles because it still is my top viewed recipe since the day I posted it.
I think there is something so comforting about a warm casserole cooking in the oven. I reminds me of when I was little and my mom would always have dinner ready for us when my dad got home. Brings back so many memories.
This tomato beef country casserole is a simple mix-everything-together type of casserole. Brown your ground beef + add seasonings and a few other ingredients, boil your noodles and then combine the two and pour into a baking dish. So easy!
When I made this I thought the ingredients seemed really odd. Like there was no way it would ever taste good. But I promise that it all works. I am not a big fan of canned creamed soups so when I post a recipe with a cream soup you know it has to be worth it.
The recipe calls for golden mushroom soup which is like cream of mushroom soup but it’s a tomato based creamed mushroom soup. If you can’t find it in your grocery store then just use regular cream of mushroom soup.
But with that said, I much prefer the golden mushroom soup in this recipe so try and find it at your local grocery store. I believe it’s fairly common so hopefully that won’t be a problem.
I also want to note that you can use whatever cheese you want. I’ve made this several times and each time I’ll just use whatever cheese is in the fridge, and it always comes out yummy. I think one of my favorites is to use provolone cheese. That was really good!
This is great served with a simple side salad. My kids happen to love salad so it’s always something I try to have the dinner table. Whatever vegetable you and/or your kids will eat, prepare that while the casserole is baking.
These 15 minute skillet carrots are a great side dish and they have a hint of sweetness which goes over well with kids. Or throw these slow cooker glazed carrots in the crock pot in the morning so they’ll be ready for dinner. We also really love this honey butter skillet corn or this slow cooker creamed corn with this dinner.
Ground Beef Country Casserole
- 1 bag (12 oz) wide egg noodles
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10.75 oz) condensed tomato soup
- 1 can (10.75 oz) golden mushroom soup
- 1 cup 2% or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredd parmesan cheese, provolone cheese, or Italian blend
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Cook for the lowest recommended time because it will cook in the oven later. Drain when done cooking.
- While noodles are cooking, brown ground beef with the salt in a skillet over medium high heat. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the condensed tomato soup, golden mushroom soup, milk, onion flakes, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add the cooked ground beef and the cooked (and drained) egg noodles. Stir together. Pour into your prepared dish and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
recipe adapted from here