Tomato Tortellini Soup is a 30 minute meal that is so creamy, warm, and delicious. An easy stove top soup that has so much flavor and uses simple ingredients.
One of my favorite comfort foods is grilled cheese and tomato soup. Not just any tomato soup. It has to be the Campbell’s canned tomato soup. That stuff is so good. I’ve tried so many tomato soup recipes that start with tomato and are completely homemade, but they just don’t have that rich, sweet, tomato flavor that you get from the canned stuff.
This soup is so easy because the base of it is canned tomato soup. Add some seasonings, milk, chicken broth, and then some fresh tortellini and you have a deliciously quick dinner. Dunk a grilled cheese into it and it’s basically heaven 🙂
Let me know if you try it! Thanks for stopping by 🙂
If you use frozen tortellini I would suggest cooking it halfway (according to package instructions) before adding it to the soup. You can find fresh tortellini in the deli section of your grocery store. By the specialty cheeses and what not.
I only added about 1/4 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Adjust the salt according to your tastes. I also used salted butter and full salt chicken broth, so that will affect it too. You may need more salt if you use low salt/no salt products.
- 2 cans (10.75 oz) tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used whole milk)
- 1 package (9 oz) fresh cheese tortellini
- In a medium pot, combine the canned soup, tomato paste, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, dried basil, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add butter and milk. Stir to combine.
- Turn heat back up to medium-high and add the tortellini to the soup and cook according to package directions (should be about 7 minutes). When the tortellini is done cooking it will float to the top and look puffy.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Garnish with shredded parmesan cheese if wanted.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST