Soft baked, cake-like triple chip pumpkin oatmeal cookies are loaded with three kinds of chocolate; milk chocolate, butterscotch, and white chocolate! So soft and chewy, these pumpkin cookies are sure to be a hit. Pumpkin + warm pumpkin spices create a delicious cookie that’s loaded with oats and chocolate chips for lots of texture.
Sorry I’m late getting these posted today. I was planning on posting these triple chip pumpkin oatmeal cookies on the first day of Fall (aka- best day ever) but then these candy corn sugar cookie bars happened and I was so excited about them that I had to post them asap.
Every year in Maryland on the first day of Fall the weather decides to get middle-of-the-summer HOT! Like I am talking 95 degrees. It’s crazy. If you know me at all, you know that I get super annoyed when the weather does not match the season, haha. Like if it’s Fall then I want Fall temperatures. If it’s winter then I expect cold & snow. But 95 degrees in Fall. No! Just no!
Even if the temperatures are reminiscent of the middle of summer, that won’t stop me from busting out the pumpkin and warm Fall spices. Let me tell you that these cookies scream fall. They are so soft, chewy, and loaded with all the best things in life; pumpkin, pumpkin spice, milk chocolate, white chocolate, butterscotch, and oats!
They’re not the prettiest cookies you’ll ever make but they are delicious. To make them prettier simply press a few additional chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies when they come out of the oven. That’s what I did!
Be careful and save some of the dough 🙂 This dough is one of the best!
As with anything pumpkin it get’s better on day 2, 3. or 4 (if they are around that long). The longer these cookies sit the softer and more flavorful they get. I keep the extras in a gallon size Ziploc bag on the counter. Or I hide it in the pantry so they don’t tempt me all day! Usually that…. my lack of self-control is ridiculous.
These cookie are a great way to use up some leftover pumpkin too. And if you have more pumpkin to use up, then you have to try these pumpkin donut maple glazed muffins or these glazed pumpkin sugar cookies.
Yields 4 dozen cookies
Soft baked, cake-like triple chip pumpkin oatmeal cookies are loaded with three kinds of chocolate; milk chocolate, butterscotch, and white chocolate! So soft and chewy, these pumpkin cookies are sure to be a hit. Pumpkin + warm pumpkin spices create a delicious cookie that's loaded with oats and chocolate chips for lots of texture.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper, spraying with cooking spray, or a baking mat.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the pumpkin and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients and the oats to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the chips and mix until the dough is combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop, or drop mounds of dough, onto the prepared cookie sheets. The dough will be sticky so use 2 spoons if doing it that way.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
- If wanted, press a few additional chips into the tops of each cookies immediately after they come out of the oven.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST