TRIPLE PEANUT BUTTER MONSTER COOKIES
Most of the time when my kids ask for cookies it will always involve peanut butter. I can’t say I blame them because peanut butter cookies are seriously the best.
These triple peanut butter monster cookies are loaded with peanut butter, peanut butter chips, and Reese’s Pieces peanut butter candy.
MY TIPS FOR THIS PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE RECIPE
- It’s really important to let these cool for at least 10-15 minutes on the cookie sheet after baking. This will help the cookies set up and cook slightly more. I always tell people that you should never take cookies out of the oven that look like they’re done. The edges will be slightly golden brown (that’s good) but the middle will look very soft and not set (that’s good too). As they cool they will cook more and set up better.
- For best results use the real, full-fat creamy peanut butter. Crunchy peanut butter is much drier and will yield a very dry cookie. Same thing with all natural peanut butters, they tend to dry out baked goods because they do not have the fat and oil. Some all natural brands like Jif seem to have slightly more oil in them so that may be fine but I have never tried it myself.
- You can use Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups as well in this recipe. I love the Reese’s Pieces but really any peanut butter candy will work fine.
TRY THESE OTHER FAMILY FAVORITE COOKIE RECIPES
- the best monster cookies
- rolo cookies
- m&m chocolate chip pudding cookies
- peanut butter butterfinger cookies
- cream cheese chocolate chip cookies
- white chocolate macadamia nut cookies
- cookies & cream cookies
Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup reeses pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter with a hand or stand mixer until light in color and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Mix in the egg and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, oats and stir by hand to combine all together.
- Stir in peanut butter chips and reeses pieces.
- Use a 1/4 cup measurer to measure out the cookies. Roll into a ball and place them on the baking sheet. Gently press down dough balls to form a very thick, cookie shape. They will not spread much while baking.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown and the top still looks slightly undercooked.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If wanted, press a few additional Reese's Pieces and/or peanut butter chips onto the tops of the cookies. This makes them look pretty!
recipe adapted from Love Grows Wild