This sweet fruit salad is sure to please everyone! A creamy mixture of cool whip, yogurt, and some instant pudding combine with canned fruit to make an easy and refreshing fruit “salad” !
Are you familiar with “fluffs”? It’s kind of a weird name for something food related, but basically it’s a “salad” or “dessert” (I actually cannot bring myself to classify this as a dessert….. that’s just me though) that is composed of cool whip, yogurt, some fruit, and instant pudding mix.
I love this idea because there are so many variations you could make. I mean, just think of all the yogurt flavors and instant pudding flavors! I have been thinking of some yummy combinations since coming up with this one. Because, really, If I am being honest I dream about recipes and food ideas in my head All. Day!
1 lb fresh strawberries + cheesecake instant pudding + strawberry yogurt & strawberry cheesecake yogurt = strawberry cheesecake fluff
fresh mixed berries + berry yogurt + french vanilla instant pudding = berry fluff
20 oz can pineapple + pineapple yogurt + vanilla instant pudding = pineapple fluff
mandarin oranges + orange cream yogurt + vanilla instant pudding = orange cream fluff
20 oz can pineapple + pistachio instant pudding + pecans = pistachio fluff (one of my faves)
Don’t forget to include the same amount of cool whip & mini marshmallows if you plan on playing with this recipe and trying different variations. Also, the pecans are totally optional. I like them because it adds some texture, a crunch, and the saltiness offsets the sweeter ingredients of the dish. I have also made this fluff with sugar-free instant pudding and it works just fine. You could also use the lite cool whip but the fluff will not be as thick & creamy. It’s still delicious though! I’ve tried it.
No. This is not an ad for all things name brand food. I always buy whats on sale and it just so happened that it looks like I am advertising the brand named foods…… Not done on purpose 🙂 I promise! Just wanted to show the ingredients so you can see how easy it really is 🙂
Get creative with this and find one you love! Do you have any other flavor combinations for a fruit salad fluff? Let me hear them!
- 1 (15.25 oz) can tropical fruit, lightly drained
- 1 (20 oz) crushed pineapple
- 1 box (3.4 oz)coconut cream instant pudding, DO NOT prepare
- 2 (5.3 oz) tropical fruit greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (8 oz) tub cool whip, thawed
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- In large bowl combine crushed pineapple (do not drain), tropical fruit (lightly drained), and the coconut cream instant pudding mix (just the powder). Stir together until combined.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients; yogurt, marshmallows, thawed cool whip, and optional pecans.
- Let refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
You can easily make this lower in sugar. Use sugar-free pudding mix, and/or lite or fat free cool whip.
Thanks for visiting, friends! Enjoy your day! xoxo