VALENTINES DAY TREAT WITH CARAMEL, PRETZEL, AND CHOCOLATE
I just love any reason to make cute, color themed Holiday candy and treats like these Valentine's Day caramel pretzel bites. A pretzel base, topped with Rolo candy, red and pink M&M's, and of course heart shaped sprinkles.
These delicious little pretzel bites are on of my favorite things to make for any Holiday really, just switch out the sprinkles and m&m color, and you can make them for anything.
I am not a huge fan of caramel but for some reason when Valentine's Day rolls around all I want is caramel + chocolate, so these are the perfect little treats that even the kids can help make.
If you want a delicious peppermint version for Christmas then be sure and save this recipe for my peppermint bark pretzel bites.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
Square pretzels - These are also called Snaps and they are made by the brand Synder's. I love using these ones because they are the best base for the caramel and chocolate. The base is wide enough that the caramel and chocolate won't spill over the pretzel. If you can't find these then regular shaped pretzel twists will work just fine.
Rolo Candy - These are the caramel and chocolate candies wrapped in the gold wrapper. Make sure to unwrap them all before using them 😉 This is a job that is great for kids to do! Make sure you are using the regular sized Rolos. You don't want the miniature unwrapped ones.
Pink and Red M&M's - These are the Valentine's Mix of M&M's. There is also white in the bag as well which goes great with these caramel chocolate pretzel bites.
Valentine's Sprinkles - Use anything you want here! I always grab a few containers of cute Holiday color themed sprinkles for this recipe. I love to use the heart shaped sprinkles for these Valentine's Day treats.
HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL PRETZEL BITES FOR VALENTINE'S DAY
- Put a sheet of parchment paper or tin foil onto a cookie sheet. Place however many pretzels you want in a row on the cookie sheet. You can make as little or as much of these pretzel bites as you want.
- Unwrap the needed amount of Rolo candy and place one in the center of each pretzel.
- Cook for 4 minutes.
- Immediately after, gently press an m&m onto each Rolo. Add sprinkles until desired look is reached.
- Let them cool at room temperature for about 2 hours OR place the cookie sheet in the ridge for about 20-30 minutes to speed up the cooling process. I actually love these soft out of the oven. I always end up sneaking a few warm ones. They're also really good at room temperature.
- Leave leftovers out at room temperature. No need to refrigerate.
MY TIPS & HELPFUL HINTS
- You have to work pretty quickly once the pretzels are out of the oven. I work one row at a time when I do this. I place an m&m onto each Rolo in that one row and then come back and sprinkle some sprinkles onto each one. I then move onto the next row and repeat.
- Make as many caramel pretzel bites as you want. I have found that 60 is a good number for the cookie sheet if you want it filled. But if you want to make only 20 of these then go for it! Cooking time and instructions are the same no matter how many you make.
- To speed up the cooling process place the cookie sheet in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes.
TRY THESE OTHER VALENTINES' DAY TREATS AND FUN IDEAS
Easy Red Velvet Sheet Cake - Made with a doctored up cake mix! I love to use Valentines sprinkle for the top of this cake. The bright red color makes it perfect for Valentine's Day.
Sugar Cookie Bars - My kids love these for any Holiday! I use pink frosting and Valentine's sprinkles for the top of the sugar cookie bars.
Valentine's Day Minute to Win It Games - Do you remember this show? I've created lots of different minute it to win it games using the popular conversation hearts. Your family will love these games!
Strawberry Valentine Chex Mix - Classic Chex mix with a Valentine's Day twist.
Rolo Cookies - Chocolate cookies stuffed with a caramel Rolo inside.
Cupid's Hot Chocolate - The perfect warm pink drink for Valentine's Day.
Red Velvet Cake Truffles - Red velvet cake crumbles mixed with cream cheese and covered in milk chocolate. Decorate with white chocolate drizzle and heart shaped sprinkles for a festive treat.
Easy Chocolate Fondue - This easy recipe for chocolate fondue is perfect to dip fruits and candy in.
Valentine's Day Caramel Pretzel Bites
- 60 Pretzel Snaps the square shaped pretzels
- 60 Rolo candies unwrapped
- Valentine's Mix M&M's pink, red, and white m&m's
- heart shaped OR Valentine's Day colored sprinkles
- Heat oven to 250°. Line a cookie sheet with parchemnt paper, silpat liner, or tin foil.
- Lay the pretzels on the cookie sheet. Place an unwrapped Rolo on the center of each pretzel square.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes. You just want the chocolate to look glossy. The Rolo should not be broken, it should still look like the Rolo shape.
- Immediately place a m&m on the top of each Rolo and gently press down. Sprinkle the warm chocolate with sprinkles. * I work one row at a time when I do this. Place the m&m's onto one row of pretzels and then go back and sprinkle some sprinkles on each one. I then repeat with the remaining rows.
- Let cool down at room temperature (so the chocolate can firm back up) for about 2 hours. To speed up the cooling process place the cookie sheet in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Store leftovers, covered, at room temperature.