Fiesta Avocado Salad
Fiesta Avocado Salad is loaded with avocados, corn, black beans, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro covered in a simple citrus olive oil dressing. This is the perfect side dish, or a light lunch, topping for tacos, nachos, inside burritos, or as a dip with tortilla chips.
Servings 10 side dish servings
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (11 oz) white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed (or 1 teaspoon garlic paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, red onion, and cilantro in a mixing bowl. Stir together to combine.
In separate small bowl, combine olive oil, lime & lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Stir with a fork and pour over the salad. Stir together until combined. Let sit in fridge for 1-2 hours before serving so the flavor can develop.
** You can also serve it right away if needed, but it's really good cold. The avocado will not brown in that 1 hour fridge time because of all the citrus juice in the salad.