Santa Fe Chicken Salad Wraps
Santa Fe Chicken Salad Wraps have a creamy santa fe chicken salad wrapped inside a tortilla with shredded lettuce, tomato, and avocado slices. Perfect for lunch or a grab & go dinner for busy weeknights.
Servings 10 wraps
Santa Fe Dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 large lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups chopped OR shredded chicken (I use a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can (15 oz) fire roasted corn (drained)
- 1 red OR orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- large burrito style flour tortillas
- halved cherry tomatoes
- shredded lettuce
- sliced avocado
In a small bowl, combine all the creamy dressing ingredients and mix together well. Set aside.
In larger bowl combine the chicken, black beans, corn, bell pepper, and the creamy dressing from step 1. Mix together well.
Lay a flour tortilla on a plate and place about 1/2 cup (less or more) of the chicken salad onto the middle. Add shredded lettuce, halved tomatoes, and avocado slices. Fold up the sides and then roll up like a burrito. Cut in half and serve.
** Chicken salad can be eaten right away or refrigerated for several hours before serving. Leftover chicken salad can be refrigerated, covered in a container, for several days.
After years of testing and making this recipe, the fire roasted canned corn gives the chicken salad the best flavor. But yes, you can use another canned corn variety.
This chicken salad can also be eaten with a spoon, over lettuce for a salad, or use crackers to scoop it up.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 417mg | Potassium: 303mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 649IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg