This 10 minute Zucchini & Corn Saute side dish is a a delicious, and healthy way to use up those garden zucchinis. Sauteed zucchini and corn in some olive oil and spices make for an easy side dish at dinner.
Yesterday I had two friends from church show up on my doorstep with fresh picked peaches. Which is ironic because for the past few days i have been craving fresh peaches like crazy! But, as with all things in my adult/mommy life, I ask myself “Is it worth getting the kids ready just to go to ______?” No. No it’s not. Not today.
Funny how that’s how I make my decisions as an adult 🙂 Hopefully I am not the only one.
Luckily I had all the ingredients on hand for this super fresh & healthy zucchini & corn saute. It’s a 10 minute side dish that literally gets all thrown together in a saute/skillet pan and then cooks for a few minutes and it’s done! I love dishes that are so simple but yet crazy delicious.
I ate the leftovers after the kids were in bed. Because nothing says “I am so cool” like sitting on the couch watching ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ while eating zucchini & corn saute 🙂 It was good!
I ended up adding 3/4 teaspoon salt total (so an additional 1/4 teaspoon when it was done cooking)
Oregano can have a "bite" to it, so I just used a pinch (about 1/8 teaspoon) so that my kids would eat it. Do as you want.
I have made this with and without parmesan cheese. I like it both ways.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 medium size zucchini (about 1 lb), ends trimmed and chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Grated parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large, nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini, corn, salt,
- pepper, basil and oregano. Cook, stirring often, for 6-8 minutes until the zucchini starts to soften and
- the ingredients are sizzling and hot.
- Take off the heat, sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if using, and season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately.