Turkey Chili Taco Soup
Turkey chili taco soup is loaded with all the best southwest flavors. Turkey taco meat, chili beans & spices, corn, tomato, and taco soup seasonings all combine for one deliciously hearty chili taco soup. It's the best of both worlds. Top with cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and crushed tortilla chips.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion (finely diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can (14.5 oz) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (15 oz) petite diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 can chili beans (do not drain)
- 1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can pinto beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- avocado slices/chunks
- tortilla chips or Fritos corn chips
In a large stock pot or soup pot, over medium high heat, add olive oil, ground turkey, onion, bell pepper, and salt. Crumble and cook until meat is no longer pink and veggies are tender.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir together. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and cover with lid. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes, or longer if you can. Stir occasionally to make sure it's not burning.
Serve with desired toppings.
SLOW COOKER : brown olive oil, ground turkey, onion, bell pepper, and salt in skillet as directed in recipe. Add the meat mixture and all other ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 6-7 hours.
Recipe as is, is not spicy at all. My kids ate it just fine. If you want more spice, add a 4 oz can of green chilies and/or some cayenne pepper along with the other seasonings.