TURKEY CHILI TACO SOUP
Turkey chili taco soup with healthy ground turkey, three kinds of beans, salsa, corn, and lots of seasonings to give it the perfect flavor! I love the combination of chili + taco soup. Top it off with some sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla strips or chips.
Ground turkey is one of my favorite grounds meats to use in recipes. All my kids love it, it's healthier, and you really can't tell the difference compared to using ground beef. Some of our other favorite ground turkey recipes is this one pot Turkey Chili Mac & Cheese this Turkey Taco Rice Skillet and these turkey taco burrito bowls which have been pinned over one million times!
HOW TO MAKE TURKEY CHILI TACO SOUP
MY TIPS & HELPFUL HINTS
Can I make this in a crock pot?
- Yes you can! I have never done it but it can easily be adapted for the crock pot. Simply cook the ground beef with the pepper, onion, and salt as directed in the recipe, drain it and then add it into the insert of the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and cook on LOW heat for about 6 hours. Or less because the meat is already cook so you are basically just combining the flavors and letting it "simmer'.
Can I substitute the beans with something else?
- This turkey chili taco soup calls for three different kinds of beans. Pinto beans, black beans, and chili beans. The chili beans, which are pinto beans in a mild chili sauce, really add a lot to this soup and gives it that 'chili' taste and thickness. However, you could substitute the other beans with something else. Other great choices are kidney beans, white navy beans, white cannelloni beans, or just use two cans of black beans if you don't want the pinto beans. I would suggest using the chili beans no matter what.
TRY THESE OTHER CHILI RECIPES
Taco Ranch Chicken Chili - A packet of taco seasoning and ranch seasoning give this chicken chili it's delicious flavor.
Taco Chili Recipe - Everything you love about tacos but in a thick & rich taco chili recipe. Don't forget all the toppings with this one!
The Best Classic Chili Recipe - Classic tomato based chili with ground beef and pinto beans.
Baked Bean Chili - A surprise favorite chili in my family. Only 4 ingredients in this chili and the baked beans are the start of it.
Crockpot Chili - Chili made really easy in the crock pot. It simmer for hours which gives this chili so much flavor!
Turkey Chili Taco Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion (finely diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can (14.5 oz) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (15 oz) petite diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 can chili beans (do not drain)
- 1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can pinto beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- avocado slices/chunks
- tortilla chips or Fritos corn chips
- In a large stock pot or soup pot, over medium high heat, add olive oil, ground turkey, onion, bell pepper, and salt. Crumble and cook until meat is no longer pink and veggies are tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir together. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and cover with lid. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes, or longer if you can. Stir occasionally to make sure it's not burning.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST