This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
These Air Fryer Turkey Burgers are full of amazing flavor, perfectly juicy, and cook up in no time at all! They make for a fast and healthy weeknight dinner for your family.
Be sure and also try my In n Out Burgers Recipe also! Perfect for summer gatherings.
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers Recipe
Ground turkey is one of my favorite proteins to use when cooking at home. It’s healthier and so versatile! These air fryer turkey burgers are a delicious and pretty simple way to use up plain ground turkey.
Perfectly seasoned meat with dried seasonings, soy sauce, and lemon juice makes for the most flavorful and juicy bite of turkey burger. Serve these burgers inside sesame seed buns with green leaf lettuce, sliced red onion, sliced tomatoes, and all your favorite condiments.
Ingredients You Need
- Ground Turkey – Use ground turkey with some fat in it so the burgers don’t turn out really dry. It’s best to use the 85% lean ground turkey or 93% lean ground turkey. I would not recommend using the leanest ground turkey (I think it’s 96% lean or higher). I always recommend that you use 85/15 lean ground turkey for this recipe.
- Soy Sauce – Provides so much flavor!
- Lemon Juice – Another flavor enhancer. Fresh lemon juice is always preferred but bottled lemon juice works just fine.
- Garlic – You need 1 teaspoon of garlic. Use fresh garlic cloves that have been minced or pressed, chopped garlic from a jar, or garlic paste from the tube.
- Plain Breadcrumbs – Helps bind the meat together and keep it in the patty shape.
- Onion Powder
- Dried Parsley
- Plain Breadcrumbs
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper
How To Make Ground Turkey Burgers In The Air Fryer
Follow these easy, step-by-step directions for making these turkey burgers in the air fryer.
– Step 1 : Place the ground turkey into a large mixing bowl. Add the soy sauce, lemon juice, and garlic. Mix gently t combine it all together. It’s important to not overmix the ground turkey. Just mix until combined.
– Step 2 : Add the breadcrumbs, onion powder, dried parsley, paprika, kosher salt, and pepper. Mix to combine it all together.
– Step 3 : Divide the turkey mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each one into circular quarter-pound patties.
– Step 4 : Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place the patties in the air fryer and cook them for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F. Flip the patties and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
– Step 5 : Allow the burgers to rest for a few minutes before serving. Serve on sesame seed buns, with green lettuce, sliced tomatoes and your choice of condiments.
FAQ’s For Turkey Burgers
- Traditional Burgers : sesame seed buns, green leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, pickles, sliced onion, and condiments of choice. Mayonnaise or pesto are delicious sauce toppings for these turkey burgers.
- Low Carb Style : Serve a turkey burger inside a leaf of green lettuce for a low-carb option.
How Do I Store Leftovers?
- Store any leftover turkey burger patties inside an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to 4 days.
Can I Make Any Changes To This Recipe?
- Make It Spicy! : Add a dash of hot sauce or use cayenne red pepper instead of black pepper. Serve the burgers with sliced Pepper Jack cheese and/or sliced jalapeños.
- Lemon Juice : I prefer fresh lemon juice but bottled lemon juice also works great. Use whatever you have.
- Breadcrumbs : For even more flavor explosion try using Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
Can I Add Cheese To Them?
- Yes you can. To add cheese onto the turkey burger patty I suggest doing it after the cook time. Place a slice of your preferred cheese not op of each burger and then close the air fryer again and let them sit in there for about 1-2 minutes for the cheese to melt. No need to turn the air fryer back on because otherwise the air that circulates tends to blow off the slice of cheese that’s on the burger patty.
Here are a few of my tips so that you can have success recreating this recipe in your own kitchen ♥
- Use a Food Thermometer : You cannot serve undercooked ground turkey. Make sure you have a food thermometer when making any sort of meat so you can properly and accurately make sure it’s up to the correct temperature before serving it.
- Don’t Use Air Fryer Liners : Contrary to popular belief, cleaning the air fryer is actually so easy thanks to the non-stick surface of it and the cooking spray that you use before cooking the burgers. Using the liners actually prevents the air from circulating all around the food to cook it properly and crisp all sides up. If you must use the liners make sure that there are holes in the liners so the air can still circulate.
More Air Fryer Dinner Recipes You’ll Love
- Quick Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Air Fryer Fish Tacos (Cilantro Lime Slaw)
- Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey (85/15 is preferred)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Crumble the ground turkey into a mixing bowl. Add the soy sauce, lemon juice, and minced garlic. Mix gently to combine.1 pound ground turkey, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Add the breadcrumbs, onion powder, parsley, kosher salt, pepper, and paprika into the ground turkey mixture. Mix until all the ingredients are incorporated. * Be sure to mix gently with your clean hands or a mixing spoon of some sort. You don't want to mix it too aggressively like you would when kneading bread. * It also helps if you sprinkle the dried seasonings and bread crumbs all over the top of the ground turkey mixture instead of just dumping it into one pile in the middle.1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Divide the ground turkey into 4 equal portions and mold/shape them into quarter-pound round patties.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place the patties into the air fryer and cook them for 5 minutes at 400℉. Flip the patties and cook for another 5 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165℉.If you want to add cheese, place a slice of cheese on top of each patty and then close the air fryer basket. No need to turn the air fryer on, allow the cheese to melt for a couple of minutes inside the warm air fryer.
- Allow the burgers to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve on sesame seed buns, with green leaf lettuce, sliced red onion, and sliced tomatoes. Top with your favorite condiments like ketchup, mayo, or even pesto.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to see it! You can share it with me on @togetherasfamilyblog and follow on Pinterest @together-as-family-blog-recipes or Facebook @togetherasfamilyblog for more!
Did you love this recipe?
Make sure to comment below so we can chat about it! Or follow on your favorite social network for even more family recipes.