Christmas goody bars have a chocolate fudge center with a sweet n’ salty oatmeal pecan crust. Made super festive with red & green m&m’s! These will steal the show on your Christmas cookie plate or at a cookie exchange.
post updated November 2017
These chocolate fudge Christmas goody bars are the perfect thing for a cookie exchange, holiday party, or just as a festive treat for friends & neighbors. They are really simple to make that even my kids can do most of it themselves. Not the stove top part but the mixing and pressing part is a kid safe chore 🙂
Everything mixes in one bowl only! Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, and pecans. Drizzle melted butter over it and mix until everything is combined. Save some of the crust for the top and press the remaining into a baking dish.
Melt the chocolate and condensed milk together on the stove top and then pour over the crust. Top with the reserved crust and the red & green Christmas M&M candies.
I am a sucker for anything with sweetened condensed milk. I always don’t scrape it all out of the can, so that way I can take some finger licks 🙂 Seriously, that stuff is like gold in a can!
I love the sweet & salty crust on the bottom and top with the soft chocolate fudge center. These really are so rich and delicious. Cut into smaller squares because they are pretty rich. Not too sweet and rich but just right.
Don’t you just love the festive red & green?! I think they are so pretty and festive too. I love baking treats that match the Holiday colors. It just makes things taste better when they look like Christmas, right?! 🙂
Go get yourself a bag of the Christmas mix of mini m&m’s. You’ll find them by the Christmas candy and baking supplies. I always find mine at Target with all the other Christmas stuff.
I will warn that these won’t look completely set and done when the 25 minute cook time is up. That is exactly how you want it. Trust me! Take them out and let them sit for an hour. I promise you that they will set up perfectly.
Be sure to also line your baking dish with parchment paper. It makes it so easy to pull these bars out of the pan to cut into squares. You don’t have to do this but I think it makes things easier. Enjoy friends.
Yields 20 squares
Christmas goody bars have a chocolate fudge center with a sweet n' salty oatmeal pecan crust. Made super festive with red & green m&m's! These will steal the show on your Christmas cookie plate or at a cookie exchange.
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
5 based on 2 review(s)
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Christmas mini m&m's
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, mix together oats, flour, brown sugar, pecans, salt, and melted butter. Stir together until combined and crumbly. Remove 1 cup and reserve for later. Press remaining into baking pan.
- In saucepan over medium heat, stir the condensed milk, 2 tablespoons butter, and 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips until smooth and melted. Pour over the crust in pan. Sprinkle with the reserved mix and the m&m's. Press down lightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. They will look like they're not done, but will set up very nicely after they cool.
- Let cool for 1-2 hours before cutting. Store leftovers covered at room temperature.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST