This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
These festive and super cute Halloween Mummy Rice Krispie Treats only need 3 ingredients! Easy to make with pre-made rice krispie treats, white melting chocolate, and googly candy eyes. Make these mummy treats for a Halloween party, family gathering, or a school party with kids.
Mummy Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Y’all know by now that I just love me some cute & festive Holiday themed recipes. These super easy, 3 ingredient Mummy Rice Krispie Treats are my newest “spooky” Halloween recipe. They could not be any cuter or easier to make.
Store bought rice krispie treats, white melting chocolate (candy wafers or almond bark), and googly candy eyeballs.
Everyone loves festive Holiday food at parties so make this for a Halloween party or for a school party with the kids.
Easy 3 Ingredients Needed
- Rice Krispie Treats : I recommend making this recipe as easy as possible, which is why I recommend using pre-made, store-bought Rice Krispie treats. You can buy these in a box by the other snacks or buy some from the bakery area. They usually have square cut rice krispie treats that you can buy. Of course, you can make homemade Rice Krispies and cut them into squares, but I actually prefer the ones at the store (Kellogg’s brand) because they are firm, hold their square shape, and it makes this such an easy party treat for Halloween.
- White Candy Melts OR White Almond Bark OR White Chocolate Melting Wafers : There are a few different options for the white chocolate mummy lines on the Rice Krispie treats. Either one will work and just make sure that you follow the melting instructions on the back of the package.
- Candy Eyes : These can be found at most craft stores, in the Halloween baking area of the grocery store, or go to the cake decorating aisle at a store like Walmart to find them. You can also find them on Amazon as well.
How To Make Mummy Rice Krispie Treats for a Halloween Party
Learn how to make these cute Halloween treats with the simple steps below. For the full recipe card with a printable option, a pin it button to save it for later, and all the details be sure and read to the bottom of this post where you will find it!
- Rice Krispies : Begin by unwrapping 20 Rice Krispie treats. This is a perfect job for little hands to help with. Place them on two cookie sheets that have been lined with parchment paper. You will need two cookie sheet for this recipe so that each treat can have about 1-2 inches around it. Place 10 per cookie sheet.
- Mummy : Melt the white chocolate candy melts, almond bark, or whatever you are using according to package instructions. The wilton candy melts or white vanilla almond bark are the easiest ones to use. They are more fool-proof when it comes to melting them in the microwave. Use a piping bag with a small #7 or #8 round tip and drizzle on the mummy lines. You can also just use a fork or spoon to do this, but for the most realistic looking mummy, use a piping bag.
- Eyeballs : Place two eyeballs per krispie treat. Use up some leftover chocolate to dab on the back of the eyeballs to help them adhere better.
- Cool & Set : Let the mummy krispie treats dry and set at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes.
Here are a few of my helpful tips so that you can have success recreating this Halloween recipe in your own kitchen ♥
- Use Wilton Candy Melts OR White Vanilla Almond Bark : These two are the easiest, and most fool-proof things to work with. Melting white chocolate in the microwave can be tricky because it seizes up easily, but either one of these will make it much easier. Follow the directions on the back of the package to ensure you are melting it correctly. You can find the candy melts in the cake decorating aisle at a store like Walmart. The almond bark can be found in the baking aisle. You can also use a bag of Ghiradlli white melting chocolate as well. I’ve worked with all 3 of these and really like them all.
- Piping Bag : For the most realistic looking mummy krispie treats it’s best to use a piping bag and a small round tip (#7 or #8) when making these. The next best option is to use a Ziploc bag with the corner very slightly snipped. The last option would be a fork or spoon that you just drizzle the chocolate with.
- Rice Krispie Treats : Of course you can make your own square shaped Rice Krispies but I actually prefer using the store-bought ones because they are firmer and hold their shape the best. Plus, it makes this recipe so easy to make that kids could do it! So I say “why not take the shortcut?!” 😊 If making your own, be sure that you allow enough time for the Rice Krispies to set completely before decorating them
- Other Variations : Try swapping out the Rice Krispie treat squares for brownies or Oreo cookies. Drizzling the chocolate into the mummy lines will be the same no matter what you use.
More Cute & Festive Halloween Recipes You’ll Love
- Candy Corn Cookies
- Graveyard Pudding Cookie Cups
- Bat Oreo Cookie Balls
- Hocus Pocus Halloween Cookies
- Halloween Swirled Cheesecake Bars
Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
- 20 Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 package (10-12 oz) white candy melts OR white melting chocolate
- 40 candy eyeballs
- Prepare two cookie sheets/half sheet pans by lining with parchment paper. * If wanted, you can also just lay out parchment paper sheets or wax paper on the counter, and decorate the krispie treats that way.
- Unwrap the Rice Krispie treats and place 10 per cookie sheet. You want to leave about 2 inches around each treat so that it's easier to decorate each square.
- Melt the candy melts or white melting chocolate according to package instructions on the back of the package.
- Transfer the melted chocolate to a piping bag with a small round tip (#7 or #8). You can also use a Ziploc bag with the corner slightly snipped with scissors. * It's easiest to place the piping bag inside a large cup to fill it with the chocolate. Same thing if using a ziploc bag.
- Drizzle each square by drawing the stream of chocolate horizontally over the entire krispie treat, cutting back and forth until there are lines all the way down each square.Next, drizzle the chocolate over the horizontal lines in a zig zag pattern to create that "mummy wrap". Repeat this process on each of the 20 krispie treats. * Make sure to leave spaces between the drizzle lines for an authentic looking mummy.
- Place two candy eyes on each mummy in the spaces between the "mummy wraps". Dab a little bit of leftover melted chocolate on the back of each eye to help them adhere better.
- Let the mummy Rice Krispie treats set and dry, at room temperature, for 15 minutes. Remove to a serving platter or plate and serve!