Celebrate the 4th of July with this delicious, totally festive, and easy patriotic Jello pie! 3 layers of red, white, and blue inside a store-bought prepared graham cracker crust. Top with additional Cool Whip and fresh fruit for a show stopper dessert at your own 4th of July picnic.
I want to preface this post by saying that if you don't like Jell-O and prepared store-bought ingredients, then you might just want to look away. Come back tomorrow 🙂 I would love to have you stay because this 4th of July Patriotic Pie is hands down, the coolest thing I have ever made. And I could not think of a more perfect pie to make for your 4th of July picnic/BBQ.
3 layer of red, white, & blue perfection. And the best part is that you only need about 5 minutes to make this!
I have had this pie bookmarked on my computer for a couple of years now. I always had my doubts that it would not work. Like the Jell-O would leak through the graham crust and then you would be left with a soggy crust. Or that it would not cut as pretty as the picture makes it look.
I never made it until now and let's just say I completely regret it. Just think of how much cooler the BBQ's could have been on the 4th of July with this pie! We've been missing out I tell you.
Simply combine boiling water with a red box of Jell-O and a blue box of Jell-O. Add some ice cubes, which helps it set up quickly, and then add the layers to the pie crust with some Cool Whip in the middle.
You will only use 1 cup of the Cool Whip in the pie so my tip is to save the rest and use it as the topping on the pie when you're ready to serve. Garnish with some red and blue fresh fruit; blueberries and strawberries for the ultimate patriotic dessert.
And don't worry, it really does cut so beautifully! I would suggest making it the night before and letting it refrigerate overnight so it can set up nicely. If you need to make it the day of, make it in the morning so it can sit in the fridge all day. It needs at least 6 hours in the fridge.
4th of July Patriotic Jello Pie
- 1½ cups boiling water divided
- 1 cup ice cubes divided
- 1 box (3 oz) berry blue Jell-O
- 1 box (3 oz) cherry Jell-O
- 1 cup Cool Whip thawed
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust or shortbread crust
- fresh blueberries and chopped strawberries for garnish
- In a bowl add blue jello and ¾ cup boiling water. Stir together until dissolved. Add ½ cup of ice cubes and stir until ice cubes are melted.
- Pour blue jello into the prepared graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes, until it is soft set.
- While blue layer is in the fridge, prepare red jello layer. In a bowl, add red jello and ¾ cup boiling water. Stir together until dissolved. Add ½ cup ice cubes and stir together until ice cubes are melted.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes to thicken up a bit.
- Take pie out of the fridge and spread 1 cup Cool Whip on top of blue jello layer.
- Once red jello is thickened (not set), spread over the Cool Whip layer.
- Cover and refrigerate pie at least 6 hours (I do overnight). When ready to serve, dollop each slice with Cool Whip and fresh berries or use a piping bag and pipe Cool Whip around the edges of pie.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST