Easy bisquick chocolate chip cookies are soft-baked, thick, super chewy and so easy to make! All you need are 6 ingredients and one of them is convenient bisquick. It's a fast replacement for all the dry ingredients. These chocolate chip cookies are surprisingly one of the best versions of the classic cookie.
Every Sunday at our house is chocolate chip cookie day! It's something we all look forward to and my kids love helping in the kitchen. Especially my girls. They pull up some chairs and fight over who gets to pour what into the bowl 🙂
If you follow me on Instagram you may notice these cookies from my InstaStory. I am always posting random things (mainly of my messy house, crazy kiddos, and my super cute and chunky baby) so be sure and follow me there!
I am one of those people that loves cooking new recipes, finding new recipes, and adding more family favorite recipes to our list of favorites. Even though I might already have a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, that won't stop me from always looking for a new one to try. Because we cook cookies every Sunday, we try lots and lots of different recipes.
I have to say that I was hesitant because of the bisquick but I was also very curious. I am here to say that these are, hands down, one of my favorite chocolate chip cookies. They are so thick and extra chewy, soft-baked, and have such a sweet chocolatey flavor. Seriously, they are really good and they're way too easy not to try.
Plus, I noticed in the store that Bisquick has a gluten-free mix so this recipe can be adapted for gluten allergies too!
These don't brown much at all so don't rely on that to know if they're cooked or not. My cookies are perfectly cooked at 9 minutes. They will be pale, puffy, and they won't look "wet" in the middle like traditional chocolate chip cookies.
I prefer to roll the dough into a ball because as the cookies cook they cook up in perfect little circles. And if you know me at all, you know that I want my food to look pretty. Which is why I am in love with these cookies because they look so pretty 🙂
Please tell me I'm not the only one like that?! haha, I probably am.
Well, it's Sunday so that means chocolate chip cookie day for us 🙂 Best. Day. Ever! We'll probably make these again because my son has been begging me to. I hope you love them like we do. If you love thick and chewy cookies then I know you will love these cookies. If you want an over the top super delicious chocolate chip cookie then you should also try these giant chocolate stuffed chocolate chip cookies.
Do you have any fun cooking traditions you do with your kids in the kitchen?
Easy Bisquick Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper or spraying with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Add Bisquick mix and beat on low speed until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball with your hands. Place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cookies will stay pale but they will look puffy.
- If wanted, press a few additional chocolate chips onto the tops of the cookies right after they come out of the oven.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
recipe from Betty Crocker