You won’t believe how easy these chocolate chip cookie cheesecake brownie bars are to make! Convenient packages of brownie mix and chocolate chip cookies make these bars a cinch to prepare. Brownie base with a sweet cheesecake middle, and topped with chocolate chip cookies. These brownie bars are such a delicious dessert.
Chances are if you come over to my house you will find some type of food on the counter, cooking in the oven or slow cooker, or some random several day old treats lying around. Or, you will find my “these don’t make the blog” pile of food. It’s pretty much a guarantee that you will leave with a plate of something.
I hate to say it but these chocolate chip cookie cheesecake brownie bars were in that pile! Not because they aren’t good cause trust me they are! Just ask our friends who took them home….. seriously though, they’re mega yummy with all the right stuff in them. I also loaded up their plate with these pumpkin pie crumble bars too.
The reason they were in that “not good enough for the blog” pile was because they use a store bought brownie mix AND store bought cookie mix. I normally love to make desserts from scratch, but once in awhile I think we all need a super yummy easy dessert recipe in our pile that we can count on. Like this triple chocolate fudge bundt cake. Ummm, ridiculously chocolatey in the best possible way. It also uses a cake mix and not one person has ever thought that it was anything but homemade when they’ve tried it.
Whenever I post a recipe with a store-bought cake mix, brownie mix, cool whip, Jello, pudding, etc I always get some mean comments about how those things are killing my kids 🙂 I guess I just wanted to avoid that which is why I was not going to blog about these bars. But, thanks to my friend my mind was completely changed. I only want to post the best and most delicious food on this blog and these cheesecake brownie bars definitely fit that.
The bottom is just a boxed brownie mix combined with the ingredients called for. Bake that up and while that is cooking prepare your cheesecake filling. Combine cream cheese, eggs, sugar, vanilla in a bowl and mix together. Pour that on top of the brownies and then mix up your cookies. Spread out the cookie dough on top of the cheesecake middle and then bake.
It’s really important to allow these to cool 1-2 hours on the counter top and then put them in the fridge for at least 3 hours to get cold. They will be easier to cut and they will actually cut into squares. If you try and cut these without doing those steps, you will end up with a gooey cheesecake bar that does not look like a “bar”.
I really hope you love these! Remember that if you don’t like the idea of using the boxed mixes then you can easily substitute your own homemade stuff. Although, doing that would definitely defeat the purpose of this being an easy recipe.
And if you love cookies + candy with cheesecake then you don’t want to miss this easy recipe for peanut butter cup cheesecake bars. And if you want homemade cheesecake try this classic recipe or this amazingly delicious key lime cheesecake recipe.
Yields 24 bars
You won't believe how easy these chocolate chip cookie cheesecake brownie bars are to make! Convenient packages of brownie mix and chocolate chip cookies make these bars a cinch to prepare. Brownie base with a sweet cheesecake middle, and topped with chocolate chip cookies. These brownie bars are such a delicious dessert.
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 box (1 lb 2.3 oz) fudge or milk chocolate brownie mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix all brownie ingredients until well blended. Spread evenly into pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine all the cheesecake ingredients and beat, with a hand-held blender, until smooth and combined.
- In medium bowl, stir together chocolate chip cookie mix, flour, butter, and egg. Stir until soft dough forms and everything is combined.
- When brownie base is done cooking, immediately pour the cheesecake layer over it and spread out evenly. Drop the chocolate chip cookie dough, in tablespoon sized amounts, over the cheesecake layer.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. The edges should be golden brown and the center should be most the way set.
- Cool 1 hour in the pan. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before cutting and serving.
You want your cream cheese very softened to avoid lumps in the batter. I place mine in the microwave or about 30 seconds to get it nice and soft.
DO NOT follow the instructions on the packages of brownie mix and cookie mix. Follow the recipe as stated.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST