Cookie dough cheeseball dip is the best appetizer or snack to take to a party or munch on during the Holidays! Red and green m&m’s cover the outside of a peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough cheese ball. No flour and no eggs so it’s perfectly safe to eat. Serve with pretzels, wafers, cookies, and anything else.
These cute red and green mini m&m’s probably look familiar, right?! I shared these no flour Christmas cookie bars yesterday with the same candies! Can you see a theme here. I LOVE all things Christmas and all the fun candy that is out there this time of year.
I’ve only been able to find the bags of mini m&m’s Christmas mix at Target, so you better believe that I loaded up….. as in I bought about 8 bags!
I love cheeseballs because they are so easy to make ahead of time and take it to parties, game day, or for a fun treat. Not that I am going to any Holiday parties this year…… I’ve got 4 kids and no babysitter BUT if I were to go to a party then I would most definitely be brining this dip.
Make it ahead of time and let it hang out in the fridge. When you’re ready, add some dipping stuff around the cheeseball and serve.
Our favorites are pretzels, Nilla wafers, apple slices, mini Chips Ahoy cookies, and chocolate graham cracker sticks.
The cookie dough is loaded with 3 kinds of cookies inside of it. Peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips, and festive mini m&m’s. There is no flour and no egg in the cookie dough so it’s perfectly safe to eat.
I add some m&m’s inside the dough and of course on the outside. Be sure and use mini chocolate chips. I think they taste so much better and they are smaller so they work better in a dip like this one.
I know you will just LOVE this one! It only takes minutes to make and then an hour or so to firm up in the fridge. Be sure and plan ahead when making this because it does need the refrigeration time.
I also think that this cheeseball would make excellent neighbor gifts too. Instead of one big cheese ball, divide the cookie dough into smaller cheeseballs ( I am thinking like 5-6 of them) and then cover the outside of each mini cheeseball with m&m’s. Put it on a paper Christmas plate and surround it with an assortment of dippers.
Christmas Cookie Dough Cheeseball Dip
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini m&m's Christmas mix
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or use a hand-held blender, combine the butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter. Cream together until light in color and combined.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and brown sugar. Beat to combine.
- Add the powdered sugar, quick oats, mini chocolate, chips, and 1/3 cup of the m&m's. Mix together until combined.
- Use a spatula or your hands and form it into a ball. The dough is not sticky and will form easily. Place the cheeseball on the serving plate and gently press the remaining m&m's onto the top and sides.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let refrigerate for 1-2 hours. You can also serve it right away too, but it will be soft. I like it best refrigerated. The dip is firm immediately from the fridge, but as it sits at room temperature it will soften it up making it easy to dip.
- Serve with your favorite dippers; pretzels, nutter butter cookies, nilla wafers, etc.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST