Cinnamon roll apple monkey bread is an easy, sweet treat, pull-apart bread that takes minutes to prepare and bakes up beautifully. Crunchy pecans, soft apples, and yummy canned cinnamon roll dough. Perfect flavor combo for the Fall weather.
It’s official. Our first 24 hour stomach bug has made it’s appearance already. Every school year I know it’s coming and I just dread it….
Although, it did give me an excuse to just stay home all day and get some recipes tested, baked, and photographed. And it happened to be on our one sunny day for like the next 2 weeks. So I would call that some good luck 🙂
I just adore monkey bread in all forms. Homemade, canned biscuit dough, fruity, chocolatey, you name it and I love it. They bake up perfectly each time and it’s so fun for everyone to just grab some pieces with their hands. Of course, you could be more sanitary than we are and use a small plate and a fork 🙂 I won’t judge.
A few ingredients is all you need. Flaky cinnamon roll canned biscuit dough, some chopped apples + pecan pieces, butter, and some cinnamon-sugar. The hardest part is chopping the apples and cutting the biscuits. If you are allergic to nuts or just don’t want to use them, that’s fine, just simply leave those out. I love the salty crunchy texture they add to this cinnamon roll apple monkey bread.
I prefer small chunks of apple so I diced my apple pretty small. Chop the apple whatever size you prefer.
- 2 cans (13 ounces each) Pillsbury Flaky Cinnamon Rolls w/ icing
- 1 tart apple, chopped small (like granny smith, empire, or gala)
- 1/4 chopped pecans, optional
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a bundt-cake pan with cooking spray.
- Cut each cinnamon roll (there should be about 8 in a package) into quarters or 4 pieces.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon. Mix.
- In another small bowl combine the chopped apples and pecans, and add 1/4 cup of the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Mix.
- Layer half the apple mixture into the bottom of the bundt pan.
- Dip half of the cut cinnamon roll biscuits into the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture and layer on top of the apples.
- Top with the remaining apple mixture.
- Take the remaining cut cinnamon roll biscuits and dip into the cinnamon sugar and layer on top of the apples.
- Drizzle the melted butter over top.
- Cook for 35-38 minutes. You might have to cover the bundt pan loosely with tin foil the remaining 10 minutes so the top does not burn.
- Let cool for a few minutes in the bundt pan and then invert the bundt pan onto the serving plate.
- Drizzle the icing that was included in the cinnamon roll cans over the monkey bread. If you want pretty lines, put the icing into a Ziploc bag and cut the corner, and then drizzle.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to Pinterest ♥ ♥