This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Fresh strawberry pie is loaded with lots of fresh strawberries covered in an easy, homemade strawberry gelatin. No Jell-O mixes required! Serve with some freshly whipped cream and you have a lighter dessert that is perfect for summer!
My family looks forward to strawberry picking every year. There is this really cute, family-owned orchard that we go to several times a year; strawberry picking, blueberries, peaches, and apples. There is nothing better than bringing home fresh picked fruit to snack on, and of course my favorite way to use it which is to make fruit desserts like cobbler, crisps, pie……. you get my point. I’m obsessed with making fruit desserts! They’re some of my favorites.
Pile your pie crust high with strawberries. If they’re smaller I leave them whole but if they are larger I like to cut them in half. Combine a few ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. The mixture will get thick. Make sure to cool it for about 30 minutes or so. Pour that over the strawberries and then refrigerate until set.
I have nothing against using Jell-O but when you make your own strawberry gelatin mixture the flavor is out of this world! It’s only a few extra steps and it’s well worth it when you take a bite of that fresh strawberry pie that is literally bursting with strawberry flavor galore.
Go get yourself some strawberries and make this. It’s Friday and the weekend is almost here so you should celebrate with this strawberry pie!
fresh strawberry pie
- 1 pie crust 9", cooked and cooled
- 6 cups fresh strawberries halved
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- sweetened whipped cream for garnish
- Take 1 cup of the strawberries and mash them with a potato masher, or put them in a food processor to puree/chop small. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the sugar, cornstarch, mashed 1 cup strawberries, and water. Stir with a whisk to combine.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, let boil for 3 minutes while stirring constantly. It will be thick. Take off the heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Put remaining strawberries into the pie crust and pour the strawberry gelatin over them. Let refrigerate for several hours (6 hours) or overnight so the pie can set. Serve with sweetened whipped cream or Cool Whip.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST