Peanut Butter M&M Cookies are thick, soft, chewy, melt-in-your-mouth delicious, and loaded with creamy peanut butter and peanut butter m&m's. These peanut butter cookie never last long at my house.
I hope you're not sick of peanut butter recipes.... to say my family is obsessed would be putting it mildly. Check out these if you want more peanut butter goodness!
Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookies [my personal favorite!]
Anyone else buy the big jars of peanut butter in bulk from Sam's Club?? Well, I do. My daughter has been caught several times eating out of the jar with a spoon. If I don't catch her, I always know she's been in it because she'll leave her spoon in the jar.... Same with ice cream. Just the other night I found 2 spoons sitting inside the ice cream carton. Sneaky little thing.
Between my girls eating peanut butter by the spoonful's and all the peanut butter cookies that get made at my house, we go through our fair share of peanut butter.
These cookies are so incredibly soft, thick, puffy, and exploding with peanut buttery goodness! I won't even pretend like I controlled myself and only ate 1. Ugh! Oh well, a few of these and some episodes of Revenge on Netflix -----> my current obsession! made for an awesome evening while the hubs was working late and the kids finally went to bed!
Probably my favorite part is the sugar topping. It gets crunchy & sweet while the cookies bake and it's so yummy. You don't need the sugar coating but I always use it because that's what peanut butter cookies have. It makes such a difference.
My kids' favorite part are the peanut butter m&m's. They like to pick off the m&m's on the top and then eat the cookie. Or if you're like my daughter, she just picks off the m&m's and then licks that sugar topping. But no matter how you eat them be sure and have a tall glass of cold milk. You'll need it with these cookies.
To get "pretty" cookies add a few peanut butter m&m's on top of the dough ball before baking. Or you can press some in right after they come out of the oven.
I like to press them in right after they come out of the oven because the cookies don't spread hardly at all while baking, so when you press the m&m into the top, it spreads the cookie our more into the classic cookie shape. M&M's also tend to crack while baking which is another reason I press them in after baking.
I hope you love these peanut butter m&m cookies. They are so yummy and sweet!
Peanut Butter M&M’s Cookies
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter m&m's coarsely chopped
- additional white granulated sugar for rolling ¼ cup
- additional peanut butter m&m's for top
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper, silpat liner, or spray with cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, stand mixer or handheld blender, blend together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, sugar, and egg until combined.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt with a wooden spoon. The dough will seem thick, but don't worry, it's supposed to be like that.
- Stir in the coarsely chopped m&m's.
- Roll dough into a ball (size of a golf ball) and then roll in the granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheet. Bake 9-10 minutes.
- DO NOT overcook. They will continue cooking slightly while cooling. The cookies will be puffy and still pale looking, but they will be done. Promise. Mine are never in longer than 9 minutes.
- If wanted, gently press a few m&m's onto the tops of the cookies for a pretty look. Let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet, or until you can move them, then move to a cooling rack.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST