MINT OREO FUDGE
Hey friends! I truly hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I was thinking through out the day how grateful I am for all of you, my readers, and even those that just come to get a recipe.
I truly appreciate you and I am grateful that you even take the time to look at my recipes. Life with 4 little kids can get very crazy and stressful and this blog is my outlet. It's my sanity saver. So THANK YOU for coming with me on this whole blogging journey ♥
Now that Thanksgiving is over Christmas can take center stage. Maybe I am old old-fashioned but I always wait to decorate for Christmas until the weekend after Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving is my favorite Holiday so I want to enjoy it. But then right when it's over I am all about Christmas!
Christmas + fudge are like the greatest combo ever. I love fudge because it's so versatile. You can add all sorts of mix-ins, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate.
I also like fudge because it's easy to have portion control with it cause it's so sweet. One little square is enough for me.
Unless the fudge is loaded with Mint Oreos then I have no control. Those cookies are my weakness which is the reason why I NEVER buy them! I love them too much, haha 🙂 A creamy, smooth mint fudge loaded with chopped Mint Oreos is basically fudge perfection.
The best part is that you don't even need a candy thermometer! Just heat on the stove top and pour into the other ingredients and stir. The hardest part is waiting while it sets up in the fridge.
Try these other fudge recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Reese's Fudge
- Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl Pie
Mint Oreo Fudge
- 2 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow fluff
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- 25 Oreo mint cookies, chopped (reserve ½ cup for top)
- For thicker fudge : line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper or tin foil. Spray lightly with cooking spray. For thinner fudge : line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper or tin foil. Again, make sure to spray the tin foil or paper to avoid sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl add white chocolate chips and marshmallow fluff. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, add butter, sugar, heavy cream and salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally so the sugar does not burn.
- Pour butter mixture into the bowl with the white chips and marshmallow fluff. Let sit for 2 minutes so it can melt the chocolate and fluff.
- Add the mint extract and use a handheld blender to mix everything together until combined and smooth.
- Stir in crushed Oreos (make sure to reserve about ½ cup to sprinkle on top) and pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the reserved Oreos on top and gently press down.
- Refrigerate for 6-8 hours. Cut into small squares and trim edges if desired. I think the fudge gets better and less sweet after it's been in the fridge for 1 day.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST