This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Cookies & Cream Mint Chocolate Fudge with two kinds of chocolate, crushed peppermint candy canes, mint extract, sweetened condensed milk, and mini marshmallows! This fudge is so good with soft pockets of marshmallow and Oreo cookies through out.
MINT CHOCOLATE FUDGE WITH OREO COOKIES
Mint chocolate with milk chocolate, unsweetened chocolate, peppermint candy canes, mint extract, and marshmallows! This mint fudge is always a favorite with it’s bright minty flavor and pockets of soft marshmallows (probably my favorite part).
I seem to be on a fudge kick this Christmas. I mean what’s not to like about little squares of chocolate goodness?! If you’re more of a white chocolate person then you need to try my white chocolate peppermint fudge. It’s so smooth and creamy!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE MINT CHOCOLATE FUDGE
Butter – I always use salted butter for everything but especially in fudge. I think you need that little extra salt to help with all the sweetness of fudge.
Milk Chocolate Chips
Unsweetened Chocolate – These are NOT unsweetened chocolate chips but rather the baking squares. I usually get the Baker’s brand of baking chocolate or the Ghirardelli brand.
Sweetened Condensed Milk
Crushed Candy Canes – You will need about 6 candy canes to get the 1/3 cup the recipe calls for.
Miniature Marshmallows – Easily my favorite part of this fudge! I love the soft marshmallow pockets inside the piece of fudge.
TIPS & HELPFUL HINTS
- Keep the stove temperature on LOW the entire time. It will take several minutes for the chocolate and butter to melt, but you don’t want that temperature higher than LOW or else the chocolate could burn really easily which can cause it to seize up. Make sure you are stirring it very frequently.
- Have all the stuff ready to go! You don’t want the melted chocolate mixture sitting for too long so make sure the lid is off of the condensed milk, the candy canes are crushed, and the mini marshmallows are all measured out and ready to go so you can move quickly once the pot is off the stove.
- For even more minty goodness try using peppermint Oreo cookies or even Mint Oreo cookies.
- Don’t use lite or reduced fat sweetened condensed milk. It does not taste nearly as good as the real stuff and it’s thinner which could result in fudge that does not set up properly.
TRY THESE OTHER CHRISTMAS TREATS
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge – Fudge that tastes exactly like chocolate chip cookie dough!
Sant’s Favorite Cookie Bars – My kids insist on making these every year for Santa’s cookie plate which is why they’re called Santa’s favorite cookie bars 🙂 Just as festive as you can get loaded with Christmas sprinkles and red & green peanut butter m&m’s.
Mint Oreo Fudge – Mint chocolate fudge loaded with Oreo cookies.
Peppermint Bark Pretzel Bites – Pretzel squares with a candy cane kiss, peppermint m&m, and Christmas sprinkles. We make these every single Christmas at my house.
Soft & Chewy Gingerdoodle Cookies – No crisp gingersnap cookies here! Soft, chewy, and rolled in sugar with a glaze on top.
Christmas Funfetti Truffles – Little cake balls of funfetti cake batter dipped in white chocolate and topped with Christmas sprinkles. The perfect addition to any cookie plate.
Cookies & Cream Mint Chocolate Fudge
- 5 tablespoons salted butter softened
- 1 bag (11.5 oz) milk chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candy canes divided
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- Line a 8-inch baking dish with tin foil or parchment paper. Take 1 tablespoon of the softened butter and spread it around the bottom and sides of the tin foil or parchment paper.
- In a large pot, over LOW heat, add the remaining 4 tablespoons softened butter, milk chocolate chips, and unsweetened baking chocolate squares. Cook over LOW heat, while stirring frequently, until the chocolate and butter is melted and combined together. * Don't cook this too long. Once the butter and chocolate is melted (stir it together) immediately take it off the heat.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup crushed candy canes, and mint extract into the melted chocolate and stir together.
- Pour and spread half of the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan. Arrange the Oreo cookies over the chocolate. * You need 16 cookies for this recipe. Do 4 rows with 4 cookies in each row. It should fit perfectly in the 8-inch baking pan.
- Add the mini marshmallows into the remaining chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Spread this evenly over the cookies in the baking dish. Top with the remaining 2 tablespoons (or more to taste) of crushed candy canes.
- Cover the pan loosely with foil and refrigerate for 4 hours or until the fudge is hard and set. Cut into small squares and serve.
- Store the fudge in the fridge. You can eat or serve it straight from the fridge OR leave it out at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly. The fudge will soften the longer it's out at room temperature. Which some may like it that way when it's softer.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to see it! You can share it with me on @togetherasfamilyblog and follow on Pinterest @together-as-family-blog-recipes or Facebook @togetherasfamilyblog for more!
Did you love this recipe?
Make sure to comment below so we can chat about it! Or follow on your favorite social network for even more family recipes.