This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
No Bake Double Chocolate Cream Pie is an easy, 5 ingredient pudding cream pie that takes just minutes to make and it uses convenient ingredients like instant pudding mix and Cool Whip. A chocolate crumb crust filled with a creamy double chocolate pudding mixture with milk chocolate and white chocolate.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE RECIPE
I just love easy no bake dessert recipes like this double chocolate cream pie. I am not against using easy ingredients like instant pudding mixes and Cool Whip when it comes to pie.
Sometimes I have time to make a homemade from scratch pie, and other times I just want an easy pie recipe that can be made in under 5 minutes and something that is always a hit. And with only 5 ingredients this pie is the perfect thing to make when you want something quick and easy, but most importantly delicious!
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE WITH CHOCOLATE AND WHITE CHOCOLATE INSTANT PUDDING
- Ready-to-Use Chocolate Crust – This is just like the traditional graham cracker crust but a chocolate version. If you can’t find this one then an Oreo ready-to-use crust will work as well.
- Chocolate Instant Pudding
- White Chocolate Instant Pudding
- Half & Half Milk – This is half milk + half cream. You will find it by the other milks at the store.
- Cool Whip
This pie could not be easier to make! Simply combine the instant pudding mixes and the milk together in a mixing bowl. Stir that really well with a whisk and then let it sit for about 5 minutes to thicken up before adding the Cool Whip.
Add in the Cool Whip and then spread the mixture into the pie crust. Refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours before serving. Seriously that is it! This pie can be made in under 5 minutes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I use a different milk in this recipe?
- The recipe specifically calls for half and half milk because it provides the best texture, richness, and thickness for this pie. But if you need to use a different milk for whatever reason then I would use whole milk or maybe 2% milk. I would suggest not using low-fat milk or fat-free milk in this recipe.
Can I use sugar-free instant pudding mixes?
- I have never made this pie using sugar-free instant pudding mixes so I can’t say for sure. I think it would work but I just don’t know how it would affect the pie either in taste, texture, and thickness. The sugar-free pudding boxes are a much smaller size which might not work with the 2 cups of milk called for in the recipe.
- I would highly recommend using what the recipe calls for. If you choose to experiment with sugar-free pudding mixes then be sure and leave me a comment and tell me how it went.
Can I make this double chocolate cream pie the day before?
- Yes you can. I actually prefer to make no bake pie recipes the day before because they seem to get better as they sit in the fridge. This pie needs at least 6-8 hours of refrigeration time so it can set up and thicken, so just make sure that you at least plan for that.
TRY THESE OTHER NO BAKE PIE RECIPES
No Bake Banana Cream Pie – My favorite version of the classic banana cream pie with banana instant pudding mix, cream cheese, and whipped cream. No browned gooey banana slices in this pie!
No Bake Oreo Pudding Pie – Oreo pudding and chopped Oreo cookies inside an Oreo pie crust.
No Bake Snickers Cheesecake Pie – Creamy no bake pie filled with Snicker’s candy bar chunks.
No Bake Coconut Cream Pie – A really easy version of the classic coconut cream pie.
No Bake Double Chocolate Cream Pie
- 1 (6 oz) ready-to-use chocolate graham cracker crust
- 1 box (3.4 oz) chocolate instant pudding
- 1 box (3.4 oz) white chocolate instant pudding
- 2 cups half and half milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip (thawed)
- Add the instant pudding mixes and half & half milk into a mixing bowl. Stir with a whisk for 1-2 minutes until pudding is dissolved and mixture is slightly thicker. Let it sit for 5 mintues to thicken up more.
- Add the thawed Cool Whip into the pudding and stir together until combined well. Pour into the chocolate crust and spread it out evenly. This recipe makes a thick/tall pie (which we love!) but if you prefer a not so tall pie and more servings then buy two chocolate crusts and spread the mixture between two crusts.
- Cover the pie with the enclosed plastic lid (from the store bought crust) and refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve garnish the pie with chocolate curls (vegetable peeler + hershey's chocolate bar). You can also make some homemade whipped cream for the topping as well or use a spray can of whipped cream to decorate the top of the pie.