OREO PUDDING PIE
This no bake Oreo pudding pie is an easy dessert recipe that is full of Oreo cookies! An Oreo cookie crust, chopped Oreo cookies, and Oreo instant pudding mix are all in this no bake pie and it's so easy to make too.
This pie also needs to refrigerate before serving so it's perfect to make the day before.
A creamy, cool, and light tasting Oreo pudding pie is the perfect dessert to make when you want something easy to make and something that you know everyone will love.
If you're wanting an Oreo pie that uses no instant pudding mix then try my Oreo cream pie recipe. If you want more Oreo goodness they be sure and try my cookies & cream Oreo brownies or these cookies & cream pudding cookies.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE OREO PUDDING PIE
All you need are six simple ingredients for this Oreo pudding pie recipe!
- Oreo Crust
- Oreo Instant Pudding
- Half & Half Milk
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Chopped Oreo Cookies
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE OREO PUDDING PIE
- Pour the half & half and the dry contents of the instant Oreo pudding into a mixing bowl. Stir with a whisk until it's combined well and thick. Let the pudding sit for about 5 minutes so it can thicken up fully.
- Stir chopped Oreo cookies into the pudding.
- Spread 1.5 cups of the pudding mixture into the Oreo crust.
- In a separate bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and powder sugar. Beat on low speed, increase speed as needed, until the whipped cream is thick and stiff peaks form.
- Add half of the whipped cream into the remaining pudding and stir.
- Spread on top of the first layer.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream on top for the third layer OR you can save it for right before serving and pipe it on top the pie (like in the pictures).
MY TIPS & HELPFUL HINTS
Can I use a different milk?
- You want to use the highest fat percentage milk as possible. I have made this pie dozens of times and I prefer the thickness and taste when I make it with the half & half.
- With that said, feel free to try using whole milk or possibly 2% milk. But just know that it may affect the taste and thick texture of the pie, only slightly, if using a lower fat milk.
- For best taste and rich thickness use half & half milk as called for in the recipe.
Can I make my own Oreo crust?
- You sure can!
- I prefer this no bake pie to be easy to make which is why it calls for the store-bought prepared Oreo crust.
Can I use double stuf Oreo cookies in this Oreo pudding pie?
- Yes! Feel free to use whatever version of Oreo cookie you like. I've always just used regular Oreo cookies but double stuf Oreos would be amazing as well.
How long does the pie need to refrigerate for?
- This pie needs to refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight, before serving.
- Be sure to plan ahead because it needs the refrigeration time in order to thicken up and for the cookies to soften slightly.
How do I store leftovers?
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Can I freeze Oreo pudding pie?
- Because of all the dairy I would recommend not freezing this pie.
- I have never personally frozen this pie but I would imagine the fragile whipped cream and the instant pudding would just separate and be a watery mess once thawed from frozen.
TRY THESE OTHER NO BAKE PIE RECIPES
No Bake Oreo Pudding Pie
- 1 ready-to-use Oreo cookie crust
- 2 boxes (4.2 oz each) Oreo instant pudding mix
- 2 cups half & half milk
- ¾ cup chopped Oreo cookies
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl combine the dry Oreo instant pudding mix and the half & half milk. Stir with a wire whisk for 1-2 minutes until it's combined and thicker.Let this mixture sit for about 3-5 minutes so it can thicken up more.
- Stir in the chopped Oreo cookies. Spread 1½ cups of the pudding into the prepared Oreo crust.
- In a seperate bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Using a hand mixer, or use a stand mixer, beat on low speed until stiff peaks form. * Start on low speed to avoid splashing and increase speed as needed as the cream gets thicker.
- Add half of the whipped cream into the remaining pudding mixture. Stir until combined. Evenly spread this over the first layer in the pie crust.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream over the top of the pie as the third layer OR you can save it in the fridge and pipe it on right before serving (as shown in the pictures).
- Cover the pie with the enlcosed plastic lid from the crust. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours but overnight is preferred.
- Garnish the pie with additional chopped Oreo cookies if wanted. If you saved the final layer of whipped cream, pipe it on right before serving.