This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins combine two of the best flavors, cheesecake and pumpkin! Moist and soft pumpkin muffins with a cheesecake swirl. These are so soft and tender and taste like pumpkin pie cheesecake.
Another pumpkin recipe today! I have to get all the pumpkin recipes posted on the blog so I can start in on Christmas. You know how stores start stocking Christmas like in August? Well, that is kind of how food blogging works too. You have to post early enough so that way when people go searching for all things pumpkin, recipes like these pumpkin cheesecake muffins pop up. So please forgive me…. because I am one of those people that hates to see Christmas stuff in August or back-to-school stuff in May.
Pumpkin + cheesecake is so yummy you guys. It’s usually pumpkin + chocolate that is so popular but I am all about pumpkin and cheesecake together. I mean just look at all these recipes on the blog (p.s- you should totally try them all 🙂 )
You remember that pumpkin streusel cake I posted yesterday? The pumpkin cake recipe was adapted from a Paula Deen recipe and now I can honestly say I am obsessed with it. It’s so light, soft, tender, and full of that warm pumpkin and pumpkin spice flavor that we all love.
These pumpkin cheesecake muffins use the exact same recipe but produce a much different result than yesterday’s cake. That’s my favorite thing about baking. How you can take one recipe and transform into different baked goods.
It’s as easy as mixing up a simple pumpkin muffin batter and a cheesecake batter. Add pumpkin batter to the muffin cup and then a dollop of the cheesecake. Top it off with a little but more pumpkin batter and then swirl them together. Plus, they look so pretty with the swirls ♥
These muffins are supposed to be a softer muffin. So don’t be alarmed if the middle is soft. It should be cooked but it will be very soft. Just like in traditional cheesecake, these muffins have that same soft texture as cheesecake thanks to the cheesecake swirl.
You also want to be careful to swirl the batters too much. If you over swirl then you won’t be able to clearly see the cheesecake layer and the pumpkin layer. It will blend together more. Which is not a bad thing because they will taste the same and be crazy delicious.
I hope you LOVE these! Thanks for stopping by and for putting up with all my pumpkin recipe 🙂 I love pumpkin!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
- 4 large eggs
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350° and line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- In a large bowl add eggs, sugar, canola oil, and pumpkin. Use a handheld blender to mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda. Stir with a wire whisk.
- Add half of the dry ingredients into the wet, mix. Add the other half and mix until combined.
- Make the cheesecake: combine all ingredients for the cheesecake in a small bowl and blend together until smooth and combined.
- Fill each muffin cup halfway with pumpkin batter. Add a dollop (about 1 tablespoon) of cheesecake batter on top. Add some more pumpkin batter on top of the cheesecake batter. Muffin cups should be almost full.
- Using a toothpick or knife, swirl the two batters together. Do not over swirl, just enough to see the swirl lines.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes.Test with a toothpick to be sure. Make sure you are testing the pumpkin batter not the cheesecake. The cheesecake will naturally be soft and "wet". A toothpick inserted into the pumpkin muffin should come out clean.
- Let cool in the muffin pan for about 10-15 minutes and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST