Caramel apple muffins are bursting with warm cinnamon & sugar, chunks of apple, and caramel pieces. They bake up perfectly round like a bakery! These muffins are a fun twist to the classic caramel apple. The perfect baking project for a cold & rainy Fall day.
Yesterday my husband & I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. Way back when, 10 years ago, I thought for sure we would be off on a tropical escape vacation or on our dream trip to Paris. I mean, it’s 10 YEARS, it’s time to celebrate.
Guess where we spent it? At Chuck e’ Cheeses……… so glamourous, haha 🙂 My kids’ school was having a fundraiser night and my kids were so excited for it. They had fun and that makes me happy.
My husband and I were laughing about how our life is now with 4 young kids. We never pictured ourselves sitting at a kid play zone, migraines from all the noise, the baby crying, the kids fighting over tickets, drinks spilling….. but you know what, I would not have it any other way.
Oh, and I also may have done a little anniversary shopping for myself too. Please tell me you do that too? I love, love, love Kate Spade bags so I just had to take advantage of their sale, right? Cool thing is, is that the package came yesterday on our anniversary. Perfect timing 🙂 Little present for me.
Caramel + Apple is one of my favorite combos. I actually don’t like caramel by itself but if you stick it inside soft, sugar dotted muffins with chunks of apple in it OR stuff it inside a snickerdoodle cookie (E.P.I.C I tell you) I seem to become a big fan of it.
Lately I’ve been on a muffin kick. Nothing makes me more excited than when muffins come out of the oven with that perfectly high and rounded top. These muffins bake up to perfection. And, they come together in just minutes!
You can either leave the muffins plain (like in the top picture) or dip them in melted butter and then into cinnamon-sugar mixture. I know it’s just more sugar but seriously try the crunchy sugar coating on top of the muffins. So yummy.
Some of the caramel may leak out while baking or it may end up causing a small hole in the muffin. That’s all normal. Not to worry.
If you really want to take these over the top then fill each muffin cup half full, place a piece of caramel, and then fill the rest of the muffin cup with batter. That way you’re sure to get a nice gooey piece of caramel in each bite.
make sure you also cut your apple into small chunks. If the apple pieces are too big they will stay slightly crunchy. I aim for the size of peas or corn. So they should be fairly small chunks. As far as the caramel goes, either use the square Kraft caramels or the soft caramels from Werther’s.
Enjoy friends! Thanks for stopping by & I hope your day is fabulous.
For more bakery style muffins try these cinnamon banana bread muffins or these apple cider muffins
Yields 12 muffins
Caramel Apple Muffins are better than the bakery. Loaded with caramel chunks, cinnamon & sugar and apple chunks in a soft muffin. A fun twist to the classic and popular caramel apple.
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
5 based on 3 review(s)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely diced peeled apple
- 12 caramels, unwrapped and diced (plus extra for middle if wanted)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12-cup cupcake pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and stir with a whisk; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add milk, butter, egg and vanilla and whisk together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir just until combined. Stir in apple chunks and caramel.
- Divide batter evenly into your prepared cupcake muffin pan. They will be nearly full.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- For cinnamon & sugar topping: place melted butter in one bowl and stir together sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. Once muffins have cooled for about 5 minutes, dip each one in the butter and then immediately into the cinnamon-sugar.
- Enjoy muffins warm and/or reheat any leftovers.
- *** If wanted, for a gooey center, fill muffin cups half full and then place an additional caramel chunk in the middle and fill the rest of the muffin cup with batter. ***
Use either the square Kraft caramels or the soft caramels from Werther's. 12 pieces as the recipe states. If wanted, cut an additional few caramels to place a piece in the middle of the muffin for a gooey caramel center.
These are best eaten warm but can also be warmed in the microwave for a few seconds.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
linking up at The Weekend Potluck