Some of my favorite dinners are quick & easy recipes that use minimal ingredients. Some days I have time to prepare a more time intensive time, but most days I am just desperately trying to get dinner on the table….. before it’s bedtime 🙂
Which is why this 5 ingredient Mexican casserole is one of our favorite easy dinners. It can be made, baked, and prepared all in 30 minutes.
Brown ground beef in a skillet pan, add a packet of taco seasoning and a can of fiesta corn. Don’t drain the corn because you need that liquid to cook with the taco seasoning.
Normally, you add water with taco seasoning but the undrained corn replaces the water and adds some great flavor.
Cover with some shredded cheese and lay crescent roll dough on top.
It’s like a cheesy taco with a buttery & flaky biscuit on top. Serve it alongside your favorite taco toppings like shredded lettuce, pico de gallo or chopped tomatoes, olives, jalapenos for some spice, sour cream, guacamole or avocado slices.
TRY THESE OTHER CASSEROLE RECIPES
5 Ingredient Mexican Biscuit Casserole
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can (15.25 oz) fiesta corn with peppers (do not drain)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (any variety)
- 1 tube (8 oz) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish and spray with cooking spray.
- In a skillet pan, over medium-high heat, cook and crumble ground beef until no longer pink. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning and can of corn (DO NOT drain). Stir together and let it come to a boil. Once boiling, let it cook for 2-3 minutes until it's thickened and most of the liquid is dissolved.
- Spread meat mixture into the baking dish and then top with the cheese. Unroll crescent dough and lay on top of the cheese. Pinch and press the perforated seams together.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the crescent dough is golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with your desired taco toppings.