BAKED CAESAR CHICKEN RECIPE
I love crispy baked chicken but have always had trouble getting the crispy coating to stick to the chicken while baking. The “secret” to getting that perfectly crispy coating that actually stays on the chicken is an egg!
Caesar dressing is probably my favorite salad dressing so I knew I had to create a crispy baked chicken using it.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE CRISPY BAKED CAESAR CHICKEN
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts – Make sure they are fresh chicken breasts or completely thawed frozen chicken breasts. I always like to cut the chicken in half (lengthwise) to form two thinner pieces of chicken. It cooks faster and my kids can eat the thinner pieces easier. And it’s easier to coat when it’s a thinner, more even size.
Salt & Pepper
Egg – Crack and egg and whisk it with a fork.
Caesar Salad Dressing – I always just buy a store-bought bottle of dressing. Be sure and buy one that you love the flavor of. I normally go for the Cardini’s brand or LiteHouse brand. Usually the best salad dressings are in the refrigerated area of the produce section at the store.
Grated Parmesan Cheese – Use the cheap, grated Parmesan cheese that you’ll find in the pasta aisle on the shelves. The fresh, shredded Parmesan cheese is too big for the coating and it burns in the oven.
Plain Panko Bread Crumbs – These are like bread crumbs but much more crispier! They will specifically say ‘panko bread crumbs’ on the container.
Crushed Croutons – The best ingredient that gives so much crunch and flavor! Be sure and use a food processor or food chopper for the finest crumbs possible. Or you can put the croutons in a Ziploc bag and pound them with a meat mallet or something else heavy.
TRY THESE OTHER CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN RECIPES
- lemon parmesan baked chicken
- the best oven fried chicken
- garlic parmesan baked chicken
- paprika parmesan crusted chicken
Baked Caesar Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup caesar salad dressing
- 3/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup crushed croutons
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°. Prepare a baking sheet (12"x18") by spraying with cooking spray, lining with parchment paper or tin foil (if using tin foil spray the tin foil lightly with cooking spray).
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. So you will end up with 8 thinner slices of chicken. Sprinkle both sides of each chicken with salt & pepper. I combine the salt & pepper in a small bowl and then sprinkle it on.
- Stir together the beaten egg and caesar dressing on a rimmed plate. On another rimmed plate stir together the panko bread crumbs, crushed croutons, and parmesan cheese.
- Dip both sides of each chicken breast in the egg and salad dressing mixture. Then coat both sides in the crumb mixture. Use your fingers to press the crumbs into the chicken. Shake off any excess and place chicken on the prepared pan. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over gently as to not take off any coating. Use tongs if possible. Cook for an additional 10 minutes. Check to make sure chicken is to temperature of 165°.