Baked Caesar chicken is coated with a crunchy & crispy Caesar mixture and cooks in the oven to crispy perfection. A healthy dinner with minimal ingredients that everyone will love. You’ll want to make this baked Caesar chicken again and again!
I always like to include at least one dinner every week that is a baked chicken recipe + a vegetable side. It’s a lighter, healthier meal compared to the heavier things we have during the week like Mexican food, pasta, etc. It’s one of those dinners you can feel really good about eating. My kids, surprisingly enough, actually LOVE baked chicken with some sort of crunchy coating. I’m thinking they like it so much because it reminds them of their favorite chicken nuggets at McDonalds 🙂
I have tried to perfect my crispy coating chicken recipe. I’ve tried dozens of coven baked crispy chicken recipe and they all have the same problem; the coating falls off and does not adhere to the chicken. it drives me crazy! When you’re a food blogger and love to make food, things like that make you go nuts, haha!
I love this recipe because of the egg which helps the breading stick to the chicken. I also love the crispy coating on the outside. It has crushed up croutons combined with panko bread crumbs and grated parmesan cheese. So much flavor and it’s super crispy and healthier too.
The secret to this chicken is spraying it with cooking spray. It may sound odd but trust me when I say it will yield the crispiest baked chicken ever, and it will ensure you don’t have soggy “crispy” chicken.
I always serve this with one of those bagged salad kits you can find at the grocery store. My kids love the Caesar salad kit so that’s the one I usually get. I also serve this with these skillet carrots or these roasted parmesan potatoes.
It’s a healthy dinner that even the kids will love!
Baked Caesar chicken is coated with a crunchy & crispy Caesar mixture and cooks in the oven to crispy perfection. A healthy dinner with minimal ingredients that everyone will love. You'll want to make this baked Caesar chicken again and again!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup crushed croutons
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle just a pinch of salt & pepper on each side of the chicken breasts.
- In one bowl (I used a rimmed plate) combine the egg and Caesar salad dressing. Whisk with a fork to combine.
- In another bowl combine the parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs, and crushed croutons. Stir together.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture and cover completely.
- Then dip it into the bread crumb mixture and coat. Use your fingers to gently press the breadcrumbs onto the chicken.
- Place chicken breast on prepared pan. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Spray the top of the coated chicken breasts with cooking spray.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Take out and turn over chicken. Put back in the oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Chicken should be at 165 degree temperature.
The chicken breasts I buy are usually large so I use 3 large chicken breasts and then cut each one in half (horizontally). That way I end up with 6 thinner pieces of chicken.
To crush the croutons: either place some in a Ziploc bag and crush. Then measure out the 3/4 cup OR place croutons in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs.
For best results you don't want a chunky bread crumb mixture. If you have a food processor I would suggest using that to get the croutons crushed finely.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST