These pumpkin kiss cookies are a thick, soft pumpkin spiced cookie with a milk chocolate Hershey kiss on top. Pumpkin + chocolate make these cookies so delicious.
I made these cookies last year after seeing them at Six Sisters Stuff. I actually made them 3 times…. They’re so yummy, and soft, and pillowy little cookies of pumpkin spice goodness. The milk chocolate kiss pressed into the warm cookie is close to amazing. Let the cookies cool if you want the chocolate to harden a bit, or just eat one warm with the ooey gooey milk chocolate.
Plus, these pumpkin kiss cookies are perfect for the little ones. Let them unwrap the Hershey Kisses while you scoop and bake the dough. My little ones were sneaking chocolate kisses so I was actually a few short 🙂
Yields 5 dozen cookies
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Additional sugar for rolling (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 bag Hershey Milk Chocolate Kisses
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, shortening, sugar and brown sugar.
- Mix in pumpkin puree and egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture in two batches, mixing after both.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the additional sugar.
- Bake for 7 minutes. The cookies don't spread and remain very puffy.
- Immediatley press a Hershey's Kiss into the center of each cookie & let cook on cookie sheet for a few minutes. Move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to Pinterest ♥ ♥