Slow cooker creamy ranch potatoes are so creamy, loaded with the ranch flavor we all love and tender potatoes, and they’re made in the slow cooker. The perfect side dish to any dinner and you only need a few ingredients.
These potatoes! I am literally obsessed with these things at the moment. Very rarely do I make something for dinner and my little family of 5 (well, technically 4 eaters because of the baby) polishes off the entire thing. These potatoes were an exception to that. We. Ate. Them. All!! Normally we have leftovers from dinner the night before and my husband will take it to work for lunch, but not this time!
These potatoes are so insanely delicious. It only takes a few minutes of chopping some potatoes, mixing up a delicious cream sauce to pour over them, and then you let it cook in the crock pot for a few hours. That’s it.
Three suggestions for this recipe:
- Use either red potato or yellow potato (aka- Yukon gold). They have more flavor and hold up much better to the longer cooking time.
- I had to take the lid off my slow cooker and stir everything around so that the potatoes would not burn. I would suggest doing that at least once (I did it three times). If you are not home when these are cooking, don’t worry, they will still be delicious but they may have some burnt stuff stuck to the sides of the crock pot. Preferably, do these on a day you are home to stir them.
- Cut larger size potato chunks. You don’t want them too small because then they will cook too much and become mushy. I cut my potatoes at least 2″ wide/big and they turned out with the perfect texture and doneness.
Slow cooker creamy ranch potatoes are so creamy, loaded with the ranch flavor we all love and tender potatoes, and they're made in the slow cooker. The perfect side dish to any dinner and you only need a few ingredients.
- 2 lbs red or yellow potatoes, cut into 2" chunks (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1 cup sour cream (full fat works better)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 packet (0.4 oz) buttermilk ranch dressing mix (dry, DO NOT prepare)
- salt and pepper to taste (I used 1/4 teaspoon each)
- Spray slow cooker well with cooking spray.
- Add chopped potatoes into the slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, milk, condensed potato soup, ranch seasoning packet, and salt and pepper. Stir together well.
- Pour over the potatoes and stir. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Stirring 1-2 times during the cooking time to prevent burning/sticking.
- Serve with bacon bits and/or chopped fresh parsley, if desired.