Easter Goody Bars are the perfect springtime treat! A pecan and oat crumble mixture for the crust, filled with a creamy fudge filling, topped with more crumble and Easter m&m candy and sprinkles.
EASTER GOODY BARS
I first posted this recipe back when I started this blog! It was like the second recipe I ever posted.
I knew it needed a major facelift so here it is.
It's the perfect week to make these Easter goody bars. Get yourself a bag of those pastel m&m's and sprinkles (if you want) and make these gooey and delicious bars.
HOW TO MAKE GOODY BARS
In a large bowl combine quick oats, flour, brown sugar, and some salt.
Add in melted butter and chopped pecans. Stir it together until it's a crumble mixture. Reserve some for the top and press the rest into a 9x13 baking pan.
On the stove top, over medium high heat, combine some chocolate chips, butter, and a can of sweetened condensed milk. Once it's melted together pour it over the crust.
Press the reserved crumble over the fudge layer. Then add the pretty m&m's and sprinkles!
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- Don't over bake these bars! The edges will be slightly pulled away from the sides of the pan. It's hard to tell when these bars are done because of that thick crumble mixture. As they cool they will come together and firm up.
- Use any m&m's you want. Use regular or change it up for the different Holidays.
- I prefer these without the sprinkles but my kids love them so I add them on. You can leave them off or add sprinkles, either way will work.
- Recipe calls for quick oats and that is the only way I've made these. You need the finer texture which acts more like "glue" rather than the large pieces of the old-fashioned oats. But again, you could always try it out and see how it goes.
TRY THESE OTHER EASTER AND SPRINGTIME RECIPES
Easter Goody Bars
- 1½ cups quick oats
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted (I use salted butter)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips OR semi-sweet
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Easter pastel m&m's
- Easter sprinkles, optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray or line with parchemnt paper. You can also line with tin foil and spray the foil with the cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, melted butter, and chopped pecans. Stir together until it resembles "wet sand" and the mixture is crumbly.
- Measure 1 ½ cups of the crumble mixture and set it aside. Press the remaining crumble mixture from the bowl into the prepared baking pan. Press down to form the crust.
- In a saucepan, over medium high heat, combine the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and butter. Stir and let it melt together. Once it's melted and combined together, take off the stove and pour the chocolate over the crust.
- Press the reserved crumble over the chocolate. Add the m&m's and sprinkles, gently press them into the crumble.
- Cook for 20-23 minutes. The edges will be slightly pulled away from the pan. Let cool for about 30 minutes to 1 hour so the bars can cool and come together. Careful not to overbake these! It's hard to tell when they're done because of that thick crumble. But pull them out in the cook time and let them cool. They will continue to cook slightly more as they are cooling.