Ultra tender beef, vegetables, and potatoes cooked all day in a flavorful tomato beef broth! This slow cooker beef stew is the ultimate comfort food and it will warm you right up.
For the month of January I am going to try to not post lots of sugar & sweet recipes. I say “try” because chances are I will post something sweet. I mean, I live with 3 kids who love chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and m&m’s so chances are is that we are making at least one of those things weekly. So please forgive me if I slip a sweet recipe in here or there. I don’t want to ruin anyone’s New Year diet goals…… I always have diet goals for the New Year. Like the one same goal that I have had for the last 6 years which is no more Diet Dr. Pepper! Ugh! I can’t do it. I just can’t.
I blame that ddp addiction on three little people called Carson, Ella, and Madison who tend to rule the house somedays —-> my kids 🙂
Beef stew is classic comfort food. Beef and vegetables cook all day in a rich, flavorful broth and then by the time dinner hits you just scoop some into a bowl and eat to your heart’s content. This stew is packed full of vegetables so you can feel good about serving this stuff to your family 🙂
Only a little bit of chopping, ok maybe a lot, some spices and some liquid and then it does all the work during the day. Come home to the smell of heaven. For real. Beef stew cooking all day in the crock pot is one of the best smells ever, right?! At least I think so.
I hope you love this. Pure homemade comfort food!
Thanks for stopping by & visiting 🙂
Use either red potato or russet potato. They hold up better to the hours of heat.
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt (I always use kosher salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 cups V8 Vegetable juice
- 1 can (14.5) beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Combine stew meat, potatoes, carrots, celery, sweet onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, thyme, parsley, vegetable juice, beef broth, and water into the slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- At 1 hour left to cook, add in the frozen corn and peas. Stir together. In small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water and dump into the crock pot. Stir together. Cover and let cook the remaining 1 hour.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST