This tomato beef country casserole is packed with all your favorite comfort foods. Tomato, mushrooms, creamy sauce, beef, and tender egg noodles. Comes together quickly, with inexpensive ingredients, but is so delicious and comforting!
Dinnertime at our house has been a struggle lately. I write a grocery list every single week and for some reason I forgot to put at least half of that list into my grocery cart. So, two meals I didn’t even make because I did not have the ingredients (hello Papa John’s delivery 🙂 ) and then the meal that I actually had the ingredients for I ended up boiling it to death, and ruining my pot in the process. While I literally passed out asleep on the couch. This waking up at 6 am to get my oldest off to school is turning out to be too much for me. I’ll get used to it……. hopefully 🙂
Needless to say this tomato beef country casserole came at a very much needed time. Finally a homemade dinner that worked, and that everyone loved! It reminded me of my most popular recipe on the blog, which is this CREAMY BEEF NOODLE BAKE. You guys must love easy and delicious casseroles because it still is my top viewed recipe since the day I posted it.
When I made this I thought the ingredients seemed really odd. Like there was no way it would ever taste good. But, I promise, it all works. I am not a big fan of canned creamed soups, so when I post a recipe with a cream soup you know it has to be worth it. The recipe calls for golden mushroom soup which is like cream of mushroom soup but it’s a tomato based creamed mushroom soup. If you can’t find it in your grocery store then just use regular cream of mushroom soup.
Use 2% or whole milk (I use whole) because it's thicker and has a higher fat content. The lower fat milks have more water and are thinner, which will affect the outcome of the casserole.
I used some shaved parmesean cheese but you can use provolone cheese or an Italian blend shredded cheese.
If you can't find golden mushroom creamed soup, use regular cream of mushroom soup.
You can use the twisty wide egg noodles or the straight wide noodles (which is what I used in the picture).
- 1 bag (12 oz) wide egg noodles
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10.75-oz) condensed tomato soup
- 1 can (10.75-oz) golden mushroom creamed soup
- 1 cup milk, 2% or whole
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese or provolone
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Cook for the lowest recommended time because it will cook in the oven later. Drain when done cooking.
- While noodles are cooking, brown ground beef with the salt in a skillet over medium high heat. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the condensed tomato soup, golden mushroom soup, milk, onion flakes, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir together.
- Add the cooked ground beef and the cooked (and drained) egg noodles. Stir together.
- Pour into your prepared dish and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to Pinterest ♥ ♥
recipe adapted from here
Linked up at ‘The Weekend Potluck’