The best classic cheeseball takes just minutes to make and it’s creamy, smooth, and so delicious. Serve with your choice of crackers and you have a yummy appetizer for any gathering or party.
I have never been so excited about a cheeseball in my life 🙂 Like, seriously, this cheeseball is so delicious and addicting. I might have eaten it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner…… just maybe!
You may look at the recipe and think that there is no way it could taste good. But I promise you it does! I was so tempted to add more to it but I resisted and followed the recipe as is. So yummy.
Serve with your favorite crackers. We love this with Club and Town House crackers. But anything would work. Ritz, Wheat Thins, Triscuits, you name it and it will be delish.
I used the Club mini crackers which I love because they are so small and easy to dip. Making it an easy appetizer for a Holiday party. Especially if there are kids around, the mini crackers are perfect for little hands.
Not that I will be having any Holiday parties anytime soon. We just had a baby and I feel like I am losing a battle (and my mind). It’s me against 4 little people. Well, at least until my husband gets home from work.
I hope you get the chance to try the best classic cheeseball. Ever. Let me know what you think!
The best classic cheeseball takes just minutes to make and it's creamy, smooth, and so delicious. Serve with your choice of crackers and you have a yummy appetizer for any gathering or party.
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise in a bowl and beat with a handheld blender until combined and creamy.
- Add in parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions, worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Stir with a wooden spoon until everything is combined.
- Lay out a piece of plastic wrap (saran wrap) and dump the sliced almonds in the middle. Using the wooden spoon, try to form the cheeseball mixture into some sort of a ball (inside the bowl you mixed it in). Dump the ball on top of the almonds on the plastic wrap.
- Use the plastic wrap to press the almonds into the cheeseball and to form into a better "ball" shape. Put on a plate and let sit in the fridge for 1-2 hours to firm up.
- Serve with crackers.
I used the cheese that you buy pre-shredded. You can also shred your own cheddar and parmesan cheese too.
You can either leave the almonds sliced or chop them up finely. In a food processor or with a knife and cutting board.
For best results and texture, use full-fat cream cheese and use Philadelphia brand. It really is so much better and worth the small extra cost.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST ♥ ♥