The best classic cheeseball takes just minutes to make and it’s creamy, smooth, and so delicious. Serve with your choice of crackers and you have a yummy appetizer for any gathering or party.
I have never been so excited about a cheeseball in my life! Like, seriously, this cheeseball is so delicious and addicting. I might have eaten it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner 🙂
You may look at the recipe and think that there is no way it could taste good. But I promise you it does! I was so tempted to add more to it but I resisted and followed the recipe as is. So yummy.
Serve with your favorite crackers. We love this with Club and Town House crackers. But anything would work. Ritz, Wheat Thins, Triscuits, you name it and it will be delish.
I used the Club mini crackers which I love because they are so small and easy to dip. Making it an easy appetizer for a Holiday party. Especially if there are kids around, the mini crackers are perfect for little hands.
Not that I will be having any Holiday parties anytime soon. We just had a baby and I feel like I am losing a battle (and my mind). It’s me against 4 little people. Well, at least until my husband gets home from work.
MY TIPS FOR MAKING CLASSIC CHEESEBALL RECIPE
- For the best taste use full fat cream cheese and real mayonnaise! I will make such a big difference flavor wise and creaminess.
- You can leave the almonds sliced (which I usually do) or throw them in a food chopper and ground them up slightly so they are not as big. Either way will work great.
- Make sure you plan ahead and give yourself time for the cheeseball to refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. This will improve the flavor and let it firm up and hold it’s shape.
Try these other appetizer recipes
The Best Cheeseball
- 2 bars (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Combine softened cream cheese and mayonnaise in a bowl and beat with a handheld blender until combined and creamy.
- Add in parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions, worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Blend together until combined.
- Lay out a piece of plastic wrap (saran wrap) and dump the sliced almonds in the middle. Using the wooden spoon, try to form the cheeseball mixture into some sort of a ball (inside the bowl you mixed it in). Dump the ball on top of the almonds on the plastic wrap.
- Use the plastic wrap to press the almonds into the cheeseball and to form into a better "ball" shape. Put on a plate and let sit in the fridge for 2 hours to firm up and the flavors to come together.
- Serve with your choice of crackers!
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST