Soft, fluffy banana bread cookie bars that are only 2 ingredients! So simple & easy to make and your house will smell like freshly baked banana bread! These 2 ingredient banana cookie bars will become an easy family favorite.
Whenever I have a little free time I love looking for new recipes to try. I’ve been eyeing this recipe for awhile now at Pillsbury. I’m always so skeptical of recipes with only 2 ingredients so I put it aside. I mean, how could that possibly taste good?!
Curiosity got the best of me and I made them. And, oh WOW! are they good. So good in fact that I am posting them today! I could not wait any longer to share the deliciousness. I was not sure what texture to expect from these. Are they a cookie bar? Are they more like banana bread? In between?
Mix up 2 Ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer (or hand blender). Yes, only 2!
Dump the batter into your pan, bake, let cool and then frost them! I was (and still am) amazed that these actually worked and that they’re so yummy.
And the best part is that your house will smell like fresh baked banana bread. But little will everyone know is that you actually only spent 1 minute combining 2 ingredients and then let it bake away. Plus, a few minutes for the simple frosting. That’s it!
Normally I send treats with my husband to take to his office, but not these ones. Nope. We ate them all in 2 days….. they’re seriously just that good.
We preferred these bars cold from the fridge. I will give a helpful hint and say that if you want them to cut easily & pretty, then you need to let them get cold in the fridge. I tried cutting these bars after they had been cooled and left out on the counter top, and it was a mess! So, for easy cutting, pop these little babies in the fridge for 30 minutes + and then cut into squares 🙂
- 1 refrigerated tube (16.5 oz) sugar cookies
- 1 medium size ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk (heavy cream is best)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8x8 baking pan by lining with tin foil (so it hangs over the edges) and spraying with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or hand mixer) combine the roll of sugar cookie dough and banana. Using the paddle attachment, mix together on medium-low speed until a combined and smooth batter forms. Mix until light in color and fluffy. About 1-2 minutes.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes. It will be a golden brown color, puffy, and a toothpick inserted in middle should come out dry with some moist crumbs.
- Let cool completely.
- For the frosting: In a mixing bowl using a hand blender, beat the butter until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Blend together. Add the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a thick frosting forms. You may need more or less milk. Just add a little at a time until the frosting forms.
- Garnish with a slice of banana. For best taste keep cold in fridge.
‘Pin’ this Image to Pinterest to save for later ♥ ♥ Thank You!
(hover over picture for ‘pin it’ button to appear)