Soft, moist banana bread loaded with peanut butter and chocolate chips! This is THE best way to put those brown bananas to good use!
This bread, you guys! One of the best sweet breads I have made in awhile. For Real!
√ chocolate chips
√ banana bread
I am positive that anything with all 3 of those ingredients could not be bad. No way.
This bread comes together quickly and bakes up so beautifully. The original recipe says to put all the batter into one 9×5 loaf pan. I had wayyyyy too much batter to do that. So I just put mine in a pan that has four loaf spots in it. The loaf size is 5×3. I would suggest that you put it in any type of loaf pan you want. You could probably even do muffins too. Just make sure that the batter is not more than 3/4 full in whatever loaf pan/muffin tray, etc. that you choose to use.
Depending on what size of loaf pan you use, the cooking time may vary. The size that I used, my bread took 35 minutes to cook. Just watch the bread; it will mound very nicely, and when you stick a toothpick in it, it should come out with no wet batter, gooey.
The pumpkin pie spice may surprise you. It did me. But it adds such a nice warmth and subtle spice to this bread. Don’t leave it out! It compliments the peanut butter & banana perfectly. If you want even more peanut butter flavor, substitute some peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 9x5-inch loaf pan, with cooking spray (or whichever loaf pan you chose).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In another bowl, mix together the bananas, eggs, peanut butter, applesauce, oil and vanilla.
- Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30-60 minutes (depending on what size loaf pans used). Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove to cool completely on a cooling rack.
Enjoy friends! xoxo
*recipe found here