Cinnamon banana bread muffins taste like banana bread in muffin form! They are perfectly light and moist, loaded with banana flavor, and bake up beautifully each time. Topped in butter and a sweet cinnamon crumble for the ultimate snack. All you need is one bowl and no mixer needed!
I am not sure why but every time, literally every single time, I go to the grocery store I buy a bunch of bananas. I guess I just assume that we need them or I just over estimate the amount of bananas that have been eaten in the house. Regardless, my little “problem” allows me the chance to try out different banana recipes with the 18 bunches of ripe bananas on the counter 🙂 Life could be worse, right?!?
Quick bread recipes like banana bread are hit & miss for me. They either bake up perfectly with a nice rounded top, or they sink horribly in the middle and they don’t cook all the way no matter how long they’ve been in the oven cooking. Same thing with muffins. It’s hard to find a really good recipe that actually bakes up pretty.
These cinnamon banana bread muffins were a nice surprise for me. They bake up nice and round and tall, they’re light but still dense with lots of banana bread flavor, and they have the best crunchy sweet topping of cinnamon and sugar.
I’ve already made them twice! I found my three year old in the kitchen one afternoon with 5 of these muffins sitting in front of her. They all had little nibble bites in them but only on the top. She was just eating the cinnamon sugar on top 🙂
With school starting up these also make for a great after school treat.
As with any banana bread recipe, the key is to use very ripe bananas. Like, so ripe your kids or husband or whoever is questioning your sanity in using such a nasty looking banana. The riper it is, the better your banana bread (or muffins in this case) will taste.
Promise me you’ll make these when you have ripe bananas! Or, I could just mail you some of mine because I currently have 2 bunches of ripe bananas in my kitchen 🙂
Yields 12 muffins
Cinnamon banana bread muffins taste like banana bread in muffin form! They are perfectly light and moist, loaded with banana flavor, and bake up beautifully each time. Topped in butter and a sweet cinnamon crumble.
4.6 based on 14 review(s)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs and stir with wire whisk. Add in bananas and vanilla, whisk until combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and stir together until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Each muffin cup will be almost to the top. About 3/4 full.
- Bake 17 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and muffins are high and rounded on top.
- Immediately remove muffins from pan to cooling rack.
- For the cinnamon & sugar combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Put melted butter in a separate small bowl. Dip muffin tops into melted butter and then into cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm or let cool completely.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST