CHICKEN TERIYAKI RECIPE
This chicken teriyaki recipe is made in one pan and it only takes 20 minutes to make! Chunks of chicken in a homemade sweet teriyaki sauce. Serve over rice for a family friendly dinner recipe.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TERIYAKI IN ONE POT
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts – Cut the chicken breasts into large chunks.
Salt & Pepper
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce – Simple mixture of brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch.
– Sprinkle the chunked chicken with salt & pepper. Sauté the chicken in the olive oil, in a pan over medium-high heat, until cooked and lightly browned on the outside.
– While the chicken is cooking prepare the simple teriyaki sauce and pour over the chicken when it’s done. Let simmer before serving so it can thicken and develop the flavor.
HOW TO SERVE THIS EASY DINNER RECIPE
We love this chicken served over some white rice and garnished with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
You could serve this over brown rice, cauliflower rice, or anything else you prefer.
You can get away with no sesame seeds but the green onions really are a must. They provide so much flavor!
TRY THESE OTHER ONE POT DINNER RECIPES
- one pot cheesy chicken broccoli & rice
- chicken burrito skillet
- beef taco pasta skillet
- creamy sausage gnocchi
- one pot creamy chicken pot pie noodles
One Pan Chicken Teriyaki
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1" chunks)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed (or use garlic paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- cooked rice of choice
- sliced green onions
- sesame seeds
- Heat olive oil in a skillet pan over medium-high heat. Add chunked chicken, sprinkle the chicken with salt & pepper, and let cook until completely cooked (165 degrees). Stirring occasionally.
- While chicken is cooking, combine all the teriyaki sauce ingredients in a glass measuring cup or small bowl. Whisk together.
- When chicken is cooked through and most the liquid/oil is absorbed, pour teriyaki sauce into pan and let simmer for 3-4 minutes. It thickens up rather quickly so watch it carefully.
- Serve over rice and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.